Are we changing our fortune if we are grateful?
    One day I see one of my sponsor raising comission. I am happy. Then the next day, I went to church with my wife. My wife made me wait for 2 hours.

I hated waiting. I cursed all the way. Finally after 1 hour I couldn't take it anymore. I yelled at her and forced her to go home no matter what. I hated being tricked.

Once I got home, I saw that the sponsor lower the comission again. I learned that my bing account is on editorial review again. Everything spiralled down.

I was going to commit suicide. I kept imagining my self to jump down or drink cyanide, or what. Then it got me. Is my way of seeing life is the one causing it all?

I got a beautiful wife. I still got one small biz that's working. I still have cash in the bank. I had a middle class father that bought me a house. I had a beautiful and smart daughter. There are so many good things in my life yet I keep thinking that everything is hopeless just because it's been like that for 6 straight months. Well, not even straight.

I started being grateful for every thing I have. I am still alive. I can still work. I can try again. I am still healthy. I am just grateful to God and to my self. I know that whatever biz mistakes I did, out of greed, 6 months ago, I did it for good. I love my self.

For a while I feel good. Then I remember every time I feel good, things do become better.

I came, and see $10 on an affiliate. I logged in to cj and an advertiser that rejected me talk to me. I logged in to Abestweb.com and found out that I am unbanned. Little things. I checked quora and found a possible solution for my problem.

There are bad things. But I see it in a different way.

I don't know. Some people say that there is a great power in the word thank you. What do you guys think? What would you say about this?

I think a positive attitude helps us accomplish more than a negative attitude. I also recognize that there are a lot of things that happen in this business that can foster a negative attitude and we sometimes need to remind ourselves to stay positive. I think if we work at it, a positive attitude can become a habit.

I believe we are all co-creators of our own world. What we tend to think the most of, we get. I've seen it too many times in my own experience - when I'm having a bad day, things seem to spiral downwards quickly unless I stop myself from thinking negatively and turn things around. When I'm having a good day, things seem to fall in place without much effort and I am very grateful for that.

The trick is to try and stay positive, which can be difficult at times, so just remind yourself of all the things that you are grateful for. Even when bad things still happen, I look for ways on how I can turn it around.

There are actually many books based on this, and I think I've ready the majority of them, lol. Many like to call it the "attractor factor".

Since I have seen it firsthand, I believe that if you know what you want, you can have it. I don't mean that concentrating on $10,000,000,000 will make it yours, rather that in life we make things happen towards our goals if they are defined.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanadili View Post
    I believe we are all co-creators of our own world. What we tend to think the most of, we get. I've seen it too many times in my own experience - when I'm having a bad day, things seem to spiral downwards quickly unless I stop myself from thinking negatively and turn things around. When I'm having a good day, things seem to fall in place without much effort and I am very grateful for that.

The trick is to try and stay positive, which can be difficult at times, so just remind yourself of all the things that you are grateful for. Even when bad things still happen, I look for ways on how I can turn it around.

There are actually many books based on this, and I think I've ready the majority of them, lol. Many like to call it the "attractor factor".
    Agree 100%. We create our own reality...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Agree 100%. We create our own reality...
    Perception is reality.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

7. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    Perception is reality.
    With all due respect, I can't agree with that. There is only one reality, for the whole universe. Perception is filtered through the mind, and the mind is several stages distant from reality.

To answer the original question - gratitude? YES!!!

Every day I am grateful that I woke up

I thank the birds for their beautiful dawn chorus

I thank the sun for shining

Cultivating a sense of gratitude will stand you in good stead for your whole life

etc etc etc

Mrs Anna ; - )

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireSkunk View Post
    With all due respect, I can't agree with that. There is only one reality, for the whole universe. Perception is filtered through the mind, and the mind is several stages distant from reality.

To answer the original question - gratitude? YES!!!

Every day I am grateful that I woke up

I thank the birds for their beautiful dawn chorus

I thank the sun for shining

Cultivating a sense of gratitude will stand you in good stead for your whole life

etc etc etc

Mrs Anna ; - )
    For each individual person, what they perceive is reality to them. Every person perceives the world around them a little bit (or a lot) differently, but to each that is their reality. The majority of people will perceive a similar reality, but for some, their perception is distorted from what the majority of people would believe to be the "real" world. Too distorted a perception and the DSM-IV will label that person psychotic or paranoid.

Years ago when I was specializing to a large extent in litigating work-related psychiatric disability claims, there was a long-debated issue under the applicable law as to whether or not a worker had a valid, compensable disability claim when his injury was based on his reaction to an incorrect perception of his work environment. The law at the time was yes, the worker did have a compensable claim if he suffered an injury and resultant disability arising out of a misconception of actual events. His perception, his reality.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

10. Thanks From:

I could respond that what the legal system deems 'compensable' has absolutely nothing to do with 'reality' - but I don't want to get into a big debate on this

In game theory there is a concept of nash equilibrium.

Because humans maximize profit, what will happen is always an equilibrium where everyone maximize their profit given everyone else is in that equilibrium.

A game can have many nash equilibrium. The one that will happen is the one everyone beliefs in. Hence, perception cause reality and reality cause perception.

Hmmm. Saying goes It is what it is. However, Budha may very well say It just IS...

It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is.

Quote Originally Posted by superCool View Post
    It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is.

Just IS, Bill...

See, Bill created his own reality...
    Last edited by Convergence; June 22nd, 2011 at 12:54 PM.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread