Interent Taxes: Get ready for "Round Two" in Maryland.
    It looks like "Round Two" in Maryland is about to begin...
    "Maryland officials are working on a study to find out just how much tax revenue the state is losing to Internet sales and what could be done to recapture the money."

"...lawmakers are likely to take up the issue within the next year."

"...budget deficit of roughly $1.1 billion, state officials are eager to find any new revenue sources. Some lawmakers are talking about trying to address the deficit during a special session this fall..."
    Quotes are from The Associated Press June 20, 2011, 10:09AM, as published by Bloomsburg Businessweek - CLICKY for full article..
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    If it helps, I've scored some points with the testimony that Colorado expected to collect $5MM in the first year after the tax was passed, but only collected $20,000. The tax here was a HUGE failure.

We're with you, buddy!

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Thanks for the head's up, Bill. We'll keep a close eye on things and will happily band together with you and other local affiliates to help stomp this out.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim Salvino - buy.at View Post
    Thanks for the head's up, Bill. We'll keep a close eye on things and will happily band together with you and other local affiliates to help stomp this out.
    I don't suppose you guys could all come to California and do that? Providing information isn't working here - I think we should try stomping.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JCrooks - buy.at View Post
    If it helps, I've scored some points with the testimony that Colorado expected to collect $5MM in the first year after the tax was passed, but only collected $20,000. The tax here was a HUGE failure.

We're with you, buddy!
    Do you have a link to that info? I could really use facts like that to send to our guv to show how it is not working. Thanks for any help.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    I'll see if I can find a link, but I got the information because I actually was sitting in the committee room during testimony when the Budget office had to report it.

When we were fighting here in Colorado, several of us went door to door through the Senate offices, pleading our case and sharing what would personally happen to us, how our businesses would be wiped out, if the bill passed. It was hard, time-consuming and emotionally draining, but worth every second. We put a face, not just facts, on the issue.

I know you've all worked hard to fight this; keep up the great work. You are fighting for all of us, nationwide. Thank you for doing that.

...We're with you, buddy!
    ...band together with you and other local affiliates...
    Uh, thanks - but I am no longer a Maryland Resident. I moved my residence and the business to Delaware two years ago (zero sales tax, lower income tax and lower property taxes).

I reported the new focus here because I had made a presentation about the "possibilities" of this happening soon - at the last Baltimore #MeetMeAffSum gathering.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Regardless of your physical locale, I know we can count on you to rally troops that are residents and help in any way you can. You're just that kinda guy, Bill!
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Uh, thanks - but I am no longer a Maryland Resident. I moved my residence and the business to Delaware two years ago (zero sales tax, lower income tax and lower property taxes).

I reported the new focus here because I had made a presentation about the "possibilities" of this happening soon - at the last Baltimore #MeetMeAffSum gathering.
    Smart man. Very smart man.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread