when your doing your day to day business what do you find your routing around in papers looking for..

?

username ans and passes?

urls?

affiliate programs?

phone numbers?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Papers?! LOL if I lose a piece of paper on my desk, it's GONE (lost) forever! So I try to keep the written-down stuff I really want in the Rolodex where it can't escape!

But,
    I'm always rooting around in Google looking for some kind of software to do something or another, that would otherwise have to be done manually.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    Not full time but a lot of time and more and more as it's becoming more fun. I lose and look for keyword lists daily. Run the numbers and write them down, then check stats for sites and jot the search terms down, go looking for product and jot down whose got what.

Ends up with a stack of papers to sort and hunt through.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by webworker:
    Not full time but a lot of time and more and more as it's becoming more fun. I lose and look for keyword lists daily. Run the numbers and write them down, then check stats for sites and jot the search terms down, go looking for product and jot down whose got what.

Ends up with a stack of papers to sort and hunt through. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you mean you keep keywords lists for certain sites. and sometimes you lose them?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:
    Papers?! LOL if I lose a piece of paper on my desk, it's GONE (lost) forever! So I try to keep the written-down stuff I really want in the Rolodex where it can't escape!

But,
    I'm always rooting around in Google looking for some kind of software to do something or another, that would otherwise have to be done manually. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leader.. what if you had everything from your roledex on a program?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    Leader.. what if you had everything from your roledex on a program? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sounds like the is around the corner...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Internet Cowboy
    Not much use for paper here either.
    LastHope, my suggestion is to make good use of Windows Notepad and/or WordPad. Save notes, scripts or any other text on them and put them all in a file and purge the file every month or so or after the task is completed.
    Get a syatem down for storing your research info and any other design notes or other information on your computer. Name them accurately so you can go right to them. Include a date in the name.

Go Electronic. Paper is old style. While you can't get away found it completely. You can use MS Office to make it manageable. Notes, calender, phonebook and journal all in one place. Use Quickbooks for billing and invoicing.

Everything at your fingertips.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

keywords, trends, hidden gems

http and a telephoto
    I make notes here and there, but the really important stuff gets noted in an Excel spreadsheet or a WordPad file. Paper notes aren't always where the computer is Also, passwords etc are in a form filler program and important aff names and phone numbers are in my email program.

So if you are looking to create "contact info" software, I think you are looking to reinvent the wheel.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread