Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Just logged in and saw a big jump in balance, i think they might have given us credit for some reversals, i need to check more.

Refuse To Lose - Chuck D

Same here. I see leads showing up with text Unqualified Lead but it's making my balance grow.

I'm showing the same thing. A bunch of the reversals from yesterday seem to be unreversed. but they are labelling them "unqualified leads" which doesn't sound too promising. I'm expecting it to go away again.

Every reversal from 11/17 to 11/30 has been unreversed.

Same here. I hope we receive an email soon explaining what just occured.

Until today I sort of thought I had an idea of how much I was making on CJ. The new stats are almost impossible, but I was making progress with them.

Now I give up. I won't worry about it. As long as they keep sending me money, I'll just quietly take it and not bother them.

Do you suppose that's what they had in mind?

ABW Ambassador
    I'm glad some of us made a big stink about this reversal situation lately. Maybe they read the posts and felt guilty...I mean generous...or whatever.

I got half of my 5 dollars bills back today!

We're going to eat kids ... We're going to eat!

Same here ... I got 18 back from November. Did anybody get an email explaining this?

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

Yep - got all my unaccepted accepteds re-accepted.

Time to take some screen shots - may be the only time we'll ever see a transaction recorded as

Type: Unqualified Lead

Looking forward to the email explaining this

Are you Crazy?

ABW Ambassador
    wow, all my reversals back, i am so happy, feel guilty about the email i wrote to ebay yesterday now!!!

thanks Ebay, i am sure we will all be happy now

Maybe I need to write a letter to ebay. None of mine have come back yet. I did write one to the head of CJ. Don't expect any answer from that one.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.

Anybody want make a bet we don't get to keep the unreversed reversals?

I think they'll be re-reversed by tomorrow.

OH PLEASE DON'T SAY THAT!!!

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    unaccepted accepteds re-accepted

This is really getting confusing!

Nay, don't feel bad about that e-mail to Ebay. They'll get around to reading it about this time next month when reversals start again.

Happy Hunting!

ABW Ambassador
    Type: Unqualified Lead

Yep, what is that. Maybe it means someone signed up but did not bid yet. Once they do, the unqualified goes away. The folks at Ebay need to devise a better system, too much confusion. Maybe when someone signs up, under Type put Lead and under status put Pending. Once the person who signs up actually bids put Accepted. I think this is the easiest way.

Type Status

Lead Pending Signed up, but did not bid yet.

Lead Accepted Signed up and placed bid.

Much easier.

Refuse To Lose - Chuck D

Yup, I got 409 leads back from yesterdays reversals. Appearing as "accepted unqualified leads". A little less than half of the 972 leads that were reversed yesterday.

Man, I wish I knew what the hell this is all about. I have a hunch............

It sure would be nice to know ahead of time what is going on instead of waiting until there have 20 posts here before someone from CJ figures out there is a problem.

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.

You don't suppose this is just another goof at CJ, do you?

Nah. Couldn't be. That would make 2 this week!

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

Same happened to us and we also got an email yesterday explaining all this.
    Quote:

quote:

eBay is very pleased to announce the launch of a new offer in the Commission Junction Affiliate Program. Beginning January 7, 2003, publishers are compensated for driving "Buy-It-Now" activity. This means that when a user clicks through an eBay link on your site directly to eBay and purchases an item via Buy-It-Now within 30 days of click-through, a commission will be generated for that action. In this instance, you would be paid a minimum of $.05 per Buy It Now action, up to $.09 per action along the same volume tiers as our Bid commissions.

Also, because the Buy-It-Now action is now tracking, it will confirm a new registration. Therefore, if a customer clicks through your link, registers as a new eBay user, and makes a purchase with the Buy-It-Now feature within 30 days of registration, the registration will be considered "active".

So not only has eBay added a new commissionable action to it?s Commission Junction program, the new action also confirms active registrations. This change means more registration payouts for you.

We want to thank you, our publishers, for participating in the eBay Affiliate Program and wish you continued success as additions, improvements and advancements are made. If you have any questions, please let us know by emailing affiliates@eBay.com or contacting Commission Junction Client Services using the Support drop down "Ask a Question" tool in your Account Manager.

Best regards,

The eBay.com Affiliate Team

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    http://www.shop-links.net

If you can't move things, try harder!

I'm with Miss Donna on this. I can't make head nor tail of the stats anymore. Have we now got some commissions back or haven't we - I'm just bewildered.

"Can I sell the sh*t and will the merchant pay?" ~ Leader

No reversals of my reverals yet. Still waiting.......

and waiting.....

and waiting.....

7-days, all my reversal of reversals were for reverals in November. None of my December reverals were re-reversed. Did you have many November reversals in the first place?

quote:
    Beginning January 7, 2003, publishers are compensated for driving "Buy-It-Now" activity. ...

Interesting that since January 7 I'm earning 25% more nickels each day than I was before.

quote:
    Also, because the Buy-It-Now action is now tracking, it will confirm a new registration.

Another interesting fact, ever since this happened every single one of my Leads have been accepted. In fact, so far this month I've only had four leads Extended and that was prior to the 7th of the month.

quote:
    Therefore, if a customer clicks through your link, registers as a new eBay user, and makes a purchase with the Buy-It-Now feature within 30 days of registration, the registration will be considered "active".

Wasn't that what it was doing before? Isn't that the error CJ found in its system, and why we were hit with all those reverals?

quote:
    So not only has eBay added a new commissionable action to it?s Commission Junction program, the new action also confirms active registrations. This change means more registration payouts for you.

This is supposed to make me feel better? During the holiday rush we didn't pay you for all the Buy-It-Now traffic you sent our way, but now that the urgent need for holiday gifts has passed we've decided to start paying you.

I don't mean to sound like sour grapes. But honestly, I do still have a little bit of a sour taste in my mouth. I was happy to see my November reverals returned yesterday. It is a step in the right direction. However, nobody from CJ or eBay has really come out and told us exactly what happened.

quote:
    The txns that were corrected are txns that you should not have been paid for in the first place. The only difference is you saw that you might get paid for them but then found out (later than normal) that there was an error and you were not supposed to get paid for them.

This is not an explanation of exactly what happened. It is simply a lame excuse. We've been left to surmise that what happened was that Buy-It-Now registrations were tracking when it was eBay's intension that they shouldn't have been.

I would appreciate an explanation that stated exactly what the system was doing, and why what it was doing was in error.

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tracy:

I would appreciate an explanation that stated exactly what the system was doing, and why what it was doing was in error.
    QUOTE]

Yes, I expected with all this wishy washy, back and forth reversals that we would hear something from either CJ or ebay. I check my email and I check CJ's site, and CJU every day, but still nothing. But this does not surprise me I guess, they have been very poor at public relations with us publishers. And have you noticed CJ's PR with us has been going downhill since they posted their Code of Conduct and their intentions to sooth us backfired?

I had known that eBay was implementing some sort of BIN compensation but I thought that it was above and beyond the simple sale/lead validation. I was under the impression that they would give us a percentage of the BIN commission after the sale. I hope that is something they are considering in the future!

Here is a portion of the email I received from eBay a few months ago from the Aff manager:

> without going into a lot of detail (since we will be announcing these
    > enhancements hopefully by beginning of Q1), we plan to introduce
    additional
    > compensation buckets to the program. for
    > instance, as you may know, eBay now offers a Buy it Now option that
    enables
    > buyers to buy certain items at a fixed price, rather than bid on those
    items
    > in our traditional auction format. we plan to first test, then introduce
    > some form of affiliate compensation around sales or leads associated with
    > Buy it Now activity.
    >
    > we are still in the testing phase with this and other new compensation
    > buckets, but are still very excited about the tremendous opportunity these
    > new buckets represent for our CJ affiliates in the future.

They're getting re-reversed! I knew it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast