So i decide i need some software to keep track of my income and expenses.. im based in canada

accountants recommend quickbooks

so i go on quicbooks site decide to phone them.. after rambling on about can i download their product.. and such.. they say. where are you based.. im in canada

ok here is the # for canada.. im like are you not a candian product.. they are no we are in usa..

IM like what??? my canadian accountants said to get quick books.... oh no go ring this number

so i ring it they are closed by they call it QUICK TAX here in canda.. a totally different program..

so now im really confused..

am i meant to have quicktax or quickbooks. does quickbooks only cater to american business or both usa and canada.. and why is there a program called quicktax by the same company only available to canadians???

friggin heck... no wonder that tax man wins!..

I wish i could find ONE canadian who does online business for a living and uses one of the above programs.. to advise me..

dont worry.. i realize there is a quickbooks.ca and they have 2 different products.. quickbooks and quicktax.. one for accounting and one for doing your own tax preparation

I'm in Canada...

One piece of advise, you will lose money one way or another if you use this type of software. Go to a profesional accountant (not h and r block) An accountant can provide feedback and recommend that you file a certain way as to minimize your tax bill. The government loves it when the self employed use these type of programs... and we are all ready over taxed.

Also be sure that you dont declare your income to be coming from the US or internationally, just avoid that entire aspect of it. This great government decides to reward those who bring in fresh money by adding an extra tax on this type of income.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by antoine tardif:
    I'm in Canada...

One piece of advise, you will lose money one way or another if you use this type of software. Go to a profesional accountant (not h and r block) An accountant can provide feedback and recommend that you file a certain way as to minimize your tax bill. The government loves it when the self employed use these type of programs... and we are all ready over taxed.

Also be sure that you dont declare your income to be coming from the US or internationally, just avoid that entire aspect of it. This great government decides to reward those who bring in fresh money by adding an extra tax on this type of income. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

dude... they are going to know where the income is coming from as you have to provide your accountant the person and the address of who is sending themoney.. im not going to lie...thats the quickest way to end up in prison.. all my income is from the US affiliates merchants so im going to tell them it is..

this way aswell i dont have to pay any pst or gst..

LastHope...

Where are you in Canada anyways?

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread