Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Hey gang,

Seems like just yesturday I was in Las Vegas. Everyone who was there remembers all the fun we had at the first ABW conference. Will there be a second annual one, in say May 2005?

Mike

I am definetly in this time should there be another one!

I would be in!
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    That would be superfab! I'd be in provided my superiors back me on it... I have a friend who just moved to Vegas so at least a place to stay is not an issue!

*sigh*

Still keeping my fingers crossed for an ABW meet-up that's closer to the home base.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ojmoo:
    Hey gang,

Seems like just yesturday I was in Las Vegas.
    Mike <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It does seem like yesteday or maybe the day before. Count me in.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

ABW Ambassador
    If missdonna will be there then BigDaddy will be there and buy you a dinner.

Come on Karl aren't you tired of Atlantic City lol just kidding of course.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Adam Ward:
    If missdonna will be there then BigDaddy will be there and buy you a dinner. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Sounds good to me!

ABW Ambassador
    Sure had a great time last year. Would look forward to meeting again in the Spring. Am willing to help organize a meeting in Las Vegas again if there's the same level of interest.

Affiliate Manager
    I'm definitely in!

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    - - - -
    Still keeping my fingers crossed for an ABW meet-up that's closer to the home base.
    - - - -

Heh, seems Karl just volunteered to host the midwest chapter! Woohoo!

( Back from vacation, haven't stirred up ay trouble for a while, lol )
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by elbowcreek:
    - - - -
    - - - -

Heh, seems Karl just volunteered to host the midwest chapter! Woohoo!

( Back from vacation, haven't stirred up ay trouble for a while, lol ) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

EC: I'd love to see something East Coast, though I'd settle for Midwest.

It's not Vegas but, I would LOVE to have a meeting in Atlantic City! That might be an option for us East Costers.

Also, at my last job they always have winter converntions in Orlando, FL. I had always thought they went there because it was warm in the winter months. But I found out they went there because it was one of the cheapest places to fly to from most major airports, they saved thousands on air fares bring all their representatives to Orlando. I recently seen TV ads where you can fly to Orlando for $99.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dak142:
    It's not Vegas but, I would LOVE to have a meeting in Atlantic City! That might be an option for us East Costers.

Also, at my last job they always have winter converntions in Orlando, FL. I had always thought they went there because it was warm in the winter months. But I found out they went there because it was one of the cheapest places to fly to from most major airports, they saved thousands on air fares bring all their representatives to Orlando. I recently seen TV ads where you can fly to Orlando for $99. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Selfishly, I'd love A.C., but the cost structure might be a bit steep for out of towners. At least with Vegas (and other cities, such as Orlando, as you aptly pointed out), you know you can get relatively cheap flights & lodging. Not so in A.C.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Selfishly, I'd love A.C., but the cost structure might be a bit steep for out of towners. At least with Vegas (and other cities, such as Orlando, as you aptly pointed out), you know you can get relatively cheap flights & lodging. Not so in A.C. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not for me The Show Boat gives me a free room at least once a month! I usually only take them up on it every other month. I don't really even gamble that much there, but hey, they get me to stay there with the free room, I'll take it anytime.

Maybe we can get one of those travel site AM's to run some figures on the most cost effective meeting place......

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    LV is much better than AC and showboat has gotten cheaper with their comps recently. But Showboat is a Harrah's company, maybe you can get them to get you a free room at Harrah's las vegas :-)

But let's try it this way, how many ABW people want to have a coonference in the spring time. Then we can decide where it should be (in las vegas of course.) So if you want a ABW conferewnce in the spring, please add a reply to this message string.

Mike

I would love to come to either LV or AC in May (assuming we two star folks are invited ). That said, it will depend on things here. I have an 11-week-old son (forgot to post an announcement here) who is a bit of a handful alongside our three-and-a-half-year-old son. So, I would definitely need to get permission to come out to play.

-John.
    There's a reason army's wear uniforms even though it makes them easier to spot. Sometimes that's what you want. Uniforms suggest organization, power, and numbers. These, in turn, inspire fear. And, as any good operative knows, there is no more effective weapon than fear.

Hosting Comparison - HostScope - jrrl.com

If it's in Vegas I'm in. If it's in AC I'd think about it but probably not go.

ABW Ambassador
    The reasons we picked Las Vegas last Spring were the ease of access from most parts of the country and the world, low airline travel costs from many origins, low hotel costs while still having nice accomodations, a venue that never shuts down (nice if you're on European or Asian time zones), and last but not least, endless attractions to fill one's idle time. Oh, and then there's the fantastic spring weather in desert Southwest.

Affiliate Manager
    I am in for another trip to Vegas. I was planning on heading down sometime in the spring anyway so this would work out great.

When and where?

Personally I thought the Stardust was decent enough. There were some good places in the to hang out and talk. Most Vegas hotels don't have that.

If we were looking for something a bit more upscale Mandalay Bay has quite a few different lounges to hang out in.

I would be willing to help put this together also. Let me know what needs to be done.
    Joe Sousa
    <a href="http://www.whatdoesjoethink.com">What Does Joe Think</a>
    Affiliate Coordinator
    <a href="http://www.fanatics.com">Fanatics.com</a>

Yeah Mandalay Bay seemed like a good middleground.

Then again, you can only find the likes of Bootylicious at the Riviera.

Sounds good, Lord willing, I'm in.

As far as when and where, I'll bow to the wisdom of the Mackin.
    [url=http://www.drastictactics.com/]Drastic Tactics[/url] - Performance Marketing Since 1998

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Who coordinated the last one? Where can I get more info on it? Who would be the key coordinator of this year's?

Sounds like lots of folks are interested in attending but who has the final say on whether or not its held again this year?

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I could attend this time, sounds like fun.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

LMAO - those who know me know I never turn down Vegas or a meet up with Mackin .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast