Shareasale deals and coupons database & Wordpress
    Hi,

I have a coupon affiliate website (Wordpress based). I write each post manually. Each post covers 1 SAS merchant.

Here is the problem: I would like to display inside the Wordpress posts the available coupons for a specific merchant. But I need a fully automated solution, which can remove the expired coupon codes, and add the new coupon codes when the cron job runs.

Say I am interested in the merchant "XYZ". Then I write a Wordpress post on merchant "XYZ", then I embed all the available coupon codes of "XYZ" inside that post.

When a coupon code expires or there is a new coupon code for "XYZ", my plugin must delete/add them automatically, when the cron runs.

If I login into my Shareasale account, I can download a pipe delimited txt file which contains all the coupon codes of a specific merchant.

But this file doesn't get updated automatically.

And there is the coupon RSS feed. But that contains all the available coupon codes, and I need coupon codes only for my specified merchants.

I need these details of a specific coupon code:

Description
    Coupon code
    Start date
    End date
    Restrictions
    My Shareasale affiliate link for that coupon

Could you please help me?
    Last edited by Charybdis; June 27th, 2011 at 08:58 AM.

You can try GoldenCan for that and use their javascript code. It is not the same as manually posting the links but it is the only way I know that might resolve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    You can try GoldenCan for that and use their javascript code. It is not the same as manually posting the links but it is the only way I know that might resolve the problem.
    But GoldenCan has very few merchants, only 170.

I did not say they would resolve your problem, I said they might be able to help. Only 170 merchants? That's amazing. There are reliable paid solutions like ForMeToCoupon and WPCoupon and a free one that turned up recently: Coupilia. Good luck.

Is there a free tool?

I only need to display Shareasale coupons.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    I would recommend using our API to get a list of current deals ... it is an automated and free tool that you could easily use to grab what you are looking for.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Charybdis View Post
    Hi,

I have a coupon affiliate website (Wordpress based). I write each post manually. Each post covers 1 SAS merchant.

Here is the problem: I would like to display inside the Wordpress posts the available coupons for a specific merchant. But I need a fully automated solution, which can remove the expired coupon codes, and add the new coupon codes when the cron job runs.

Say I am interested in the merchant "XYZ". Then I write a Wordpress post on merchant "XYZ", then I embed all the available coupon codes of "XYZ" inside that post.

When a coupon code expires or there is a new coupon code for "XYZ", my plugin must delete/add them automatically, when the cron runs.

If I login into my Shareasale account, I can download a pipe delimited txt file which contains all the coupon codes of a specific merchant.

But this file doesn't get updated automatically.

And there is the coupon RSS feed. But that contains all the available coupon codes, and I need coupon codes only for my specified merchants.

I need these details of a specific coupon code:

Description
    Coupon code
    Start date
    End date
    Restrictions
    My Shareasale affiliate link for that coupon

Could you please help me?
    Good Tip.
    Use something like the php script listed here... Automated FTP of my Current SAS Database (Too bad this thread is buried on the SAS forum...)

Use the dealdatabase2.xml feed from SAS...

Use the coupon RSS feed and load only your specified merchants into your MySQL coupon table...

Once you get your specified merchants into your MySQL coupon table, just select the merchant ID# for the merchant that you want to display on that page...

Something like this:

$query = "SELECT id, Description, Couponcode, Startdate, Enddate, Restrictions FROM MyCouponsTable WHERE merchantID=XYZ";

Thank you guys. I would like to avoid custom programming, is there a Wordpress plugin I could use?

Maybe Datafeedr? But can it automatically remove expired coupons, and add new coupon into a Wordpress post?

Next question, how reliable is the SAS coupon database? I mean do the merchants keep it up to date in general?

I will eventually use For Me To Coupon, but they are very expensive.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread