Report a post - NONACTION
    So, I reported a post 30 mins ago, 4 mods are on and nothing, apparently no one gives a D so I the reporter say EH why bother and let the spam continue on it's "Merry" way.

The lesson hopefully learned yesterday ... a blatant spam post was left, someone came in and said "bye bye spammer" and which resulted in an OT dialog that was finally split and removed. Our old rule: if stuff sits, it'll usually rot and stink up the place. Blatant and obvious issues should be addressed quickly. Have all the back door pow wows you want, but publicly it appears to be indecisive and apathetic. Not a good message to send to members who go above and beyond to report.

Notwithstanding the foregoing, thank you to all the current Moderators for exemplary service.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

2. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    +1
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr. View Post
    So, I reported a post 30 mins ago, 4 mods are on and nothing, apparently no one gives a D so I the reporter say EH why bother and let the spam continue on it's "Merry" way.
    Even if the mods are logged in, it doesn't mean the mods are behind their screen ready to zap spam. They may have something to do at the same time. Thanks for reporting the post.
    Last edited by Zeus; June 28th, 2011 at 10:58 AM.

Zeus,

First Congrats on being a Mod, my apologies for not posting such earlier, but I think you know how highly I respect you and your capabilities. That said, I completely understand that mods aren't always ready to zap, it however appears this particular party has been getting away with spam for quite sometime and I wanted the Mod crew to know that others see it and it doesn't set the proper precedent(s) and it's quite disingenuous.

ABW Mods do a fantastic job, I think a few minor details need to be buttoned up so that these Golden bars can shine, not be predominantly used as fly swatters.

BTW, I see the thread was now edited, thank you.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

15 years and counting
    Haiko, I'm still a real newbie as a Mod. Tks for your welcome.
    I didn't know there was so much going on behind the curtain and I'm far from an expert in splitting and moving threads and posts...
    I understand what you have been going through for years.

7. Thanks From:

Every reported post gets reviewed. Often, things are taken care of before they're even reported. Usually it's handled in minutes. Sometimes it takes a little longer. Sometimes (mainly overnight), a post may sit for several hours.

In addition, we have several new features that eliminate a lot of the spam before it even happens or becomes visible. (I'm being intentionally vague here, as we don't want all our cards on the table.) New members are scanned against forum spammer databases and blocked from registering if there is a match. Posts from new members are run through Akismet and auto-moderated if they appear to be spam.

When a post is reported, it creates a thread in a private moderator forum where we can discuss if necessary, see if it's already been resolved, and keep track of how things are addressed.

I think we're doing a better job than ever at managing the ever-ending barage of spam.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Michael,

I'm not talking about the VB hack, I'm talking of opportunists who have been allowed to run rampant for quite some time. But, good thing you did such a "glow"ing job of not laying all your cards on the table for the hack tho, no one would be able to decipher that! Might have to go to my host to find out! GEEZ LOUISE!!!!

Yes, of course it's better than ever, that's what it says right next to "same low price".
    Continued Success,

Haiko

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread