Wisconsin update?
    Is there any updates on the Wisconsin laws? I haven't heard anything in the last year about where this state is going with the affiliate killer law. Has anyone been kicked from programs recently?

There had been some rumblings that Walmart was pushing for something. But Wisconsin has actually been attracting affiliates displaced from Illinois. The governor and Lt. governor have been active in recruiting businesses like Fat Wallet. Wisconsin is using Illinois' tax increases as a way to recruit many businesses, same with Indiana. So for this year, I don't think we'll see any affiliate nexus laws. Walmart is pushing very hard and they are powerful and have a lot of money. Wisconsin has been resisting but you never know when tides will change.
    Rebecca Madigan
    Executive Director | Performance Marketing Association
    o: 805.445.9700 (PST)

well said Rebecca
    I can attest to Wisconsin attracting past Illinois affiliates instead of driving them off. I happen to be one of those affiliates who was forced to move my business over state lines.

In my opinion, these tax laws are so short-sighted and completely unrealistic as far as how much tax revenue the state should expect to receive from this law.

How does the state benefit from thousands of affiliates (aka small business owners) being forced to shut down or move their business out of state? It seems quite backward to me, honestly.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread