Question All edu aff campaigns are paused in the U.S.?
    I just got a letter from someone informing me that most edu campaigns are paused for now due to some coming change of policy in the industry, is it true? What kind of change will there be? How is it going to affect us all? Any idea?
    Last edited by CrystalDMP; June 30th, 2011 at 04:16 AM.

Can you explain what you mean by "edu campaigns"? I'm not at all familiar with that term, perhaps others who might respond to your question don't know it either?

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

I meant edu affiliate offers. I dunno, cuz all the offers on my end are paused...

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    What is "edu" ?
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

sorry, education

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Thanks for the clarification.

Wonder if it has anything to do with investigations in the past year into "for profit colleges" business practices?
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    EDU is an industry unto itself and is primarily lead gen. These are the big online names such as University of Phoenix, Corinthian College, Kaplan University. There are also ground school such as truck driving, beauty, cooking and small private colleges.

I asked a friend with a decade in the industry for his comment on pausing of affiliate edu campaigns.

EDU is on it's head right now. As of today, July 1, all schools must be compliant under the new legislation. Most of the cleanup has to do with internal issues with each school, in particular their admissions practices. However, schools are using this as the opportunity to finally bring all of us "rogue" marketers in line. Every lead gen partner is being scrutinized right now. Transparency is being enforced and a lot of schools are demanding that lead sources are tagged with each lead. We don't run any offers in networks, but I can imagine the ones that do are really pulling in the reigns right now. Will it last? Not sure. I think the dust will settle and things will open up again, but not to the levels they have been.
    Hope that answers your question?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Current federal investigations, including by the GAO and Senate hearings, stem from a sting operation a year ago: "For Profit Online Colleges Named in Government Investigation of Education Fraud, Deceptive Marketing"
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    EDU is an industry unto itself and is primarily lead gen. These are the big online names such as University of Phoenix, Corinthian College, Kaplan University. There are also ground school such as truck driving, beauty, cooking and small private colleges.

I asked a friend with a decade in the industry for his comment on pausing of affiliate edu campaigns.

Hope that answers your question?
    Thank you!

This is all political. -I will prove it!

You can go to a regular Govt. college where all the instructors are Union workers. The Govt. will cover it 100% Govt. loans.

You will be another waitress with a Bachelor’s Degree at a restaurant when you graduate.

OR

You go to a private college that is driven by the needs of employers and you will have a job as soon as you graduate.

This is not funded by the Govt. because the teachers are NOT UNION workers.

I just paid $40,000 cash to get go from LVN to RN (Registered Nurse)

The unions are out to CRUSH the non-union colleges.

Why?

Because non-union teachers do not pay union dues. Union dues go to Democrats as bribes to get more tax dollars for union teachers.

This drains the Tax dollars of the people and puts a state in debt but the Unions, the teachers and the Politicians get paid. Even if it destroys the state.

The current Federal Govt. administration is investigating private colleges as a reward to the Union for giving them millions -> billions in campain funds. If the Union can destroy these private colleges then all colleges will be under the thumb of the unions and the Federal Govt.

Last edited by 2sillycows; July 23rd, 2011 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Source: Graduate Nurse who just paid cash to go to an EVIL for profit college that got me a job making $$$$$$
    :kiss:

None of the networks i am with have paused them.

Edu offers are closely tied with being lead gen offers and are the hot vertical right now for fraud. While many networks still carry them if you are new don't expect this to be your first offer. This is a networks way of protecting you to make sure your traffic is quality so that compliance issues don't show up down the road.

If you need a hook up to a network with edu's let me know!

ABW Ambassador
    As far as: "Kaplan University"

I know they dropped all coupon sites a couple of months ago. Which sucks, because I was getting some nice $300+ commissions for each sale. It was one of those stay on campus, room and board type of deals, some of that went for $10,000+.

Yea there have been a lot of rumblings about EDU offers and problems with qualifying traffic. I know that networks are being extremely selective of who can get on the offers and even if your lucky enough to find am advertiser direct they will grill you for traffic details. Too many bad leads from bad affiliates, that's the root cause.

Hi guys,

I am fairly new to this industry and was wondering if anyone knows of any affiliates that still are up and running with the universities. I know universities have their own affiliate programs, lead gens also have their own affiliates and websites, and there are also merchants who are outsourced. What would be the best bet in joining one of these. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread