Chrome jumps to 20% + market share globally
    Google’s Chrome browser exceeded 20% of the global Internet browser market in June for the first time, according to StatCounter, the website analytics firm.

The research found that Chrome took 20.7% of the global market last month, which is up from a mere 2.8% in June 2009. In the same period, Microsoft’s Internet Explorer (IE) has fallen from 59% to 44% globally, whilst Firefox dropped slightly from 30% to 28%.Source
    Optimize accordingly.

I wonder when the Facebook browser will be released
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; July 1st, 2011 at 09:43 AM. Reason: cuz
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    Damn, I didn't know they were that high already. Chrome at 20.7% and rising and Firefox at 28% and dropping. Which is understandable because Chrome is faster. Firefox just feels heavy. And that thing they introduced awhile back, I think to help with crashes or whatever, the Plugin Container. Ever since then, at least for me, it's made it worse. Sometimes when it's lagging, I just have to kill that to get it going again.

As long as IE isn't getting bigger, I'm happy. I find getting my sites to look the way I want it always hardest with IE.

And yes, FF is much much slower than Chrome. Chrome loads instantly while FF takes forever. But that could also be all the extra addons I have with FF that I use daily.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    <groan>I don't like developing for Chrome.

But, gotta do what we gotta do...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

I know that I've switched to Chrome for about 80% of my web-browsing activity, after having some problems accessing Facebook from Firefox (and yes, I definitely notice that Chrome loads much more quickly, but I also have some plug-ins on Firefox that aren't on Chrome). I still use Firefox for certain activities (including ABW).
    Last edited by markwelch; July 1st, 2011 at 01:28 PM.

I didn't realize that Chrome had a 20% share. Thanks Haiko. Guess that makes sense, using Chrome most the time now.
    Matt Faloon
    Affiliate Development
    mfaloon-at-groupon.com

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    There is also a report today that Google is in talks with Hulu to buy it. Google seems to have its fingers in lot (maybe way too many) pies.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

Relevant ABW browser stats...

A year ago this month, chrome was 12% of ABW traffic, IE 31%, and FF 48%.

In the current past month, chrome was 22% of ABW traffic, IE 26%, and FF 41%.
    Matt Bidinger
    Online Community Engagement

Affiliate Network Rep Commission Factory's Avatar
    No doubting that Chrome is faster. We have all three common browsers (plus Safari etc) for testing etc and Chrome has got to be at least 30% faster. Not surprising it is taking market share. Google is also gaining greater share from ChromeOS Laptops running Chrome etc etc Just like Windows with IE.
    Zane McIntyre | Network Director
    [URL="http://www.commissionfactory.com.au"][B]Commission Factory - An Australian Affiliate Network[/B][/URL]
    Follow or Like Us: [URL="http://twitter.com/commissionfacto"]Twitter[/URL] | [URL="http://www.facebook.com/commissionfactory"]Facebook[/URL] | [URL="http://www.linkedin.com/company/commission-factory"]LinkedIn[/URL]

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    The stats are pretty interesting. I cheated on IE with FireFox, but the speed isnt the best. I then decided to go with Chrome and I now use it frequently, but still favor IE.

If I had to make a decision in the future as to what I would use, I would probabaly go with Chrome 100% of the time.
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

I've bounced back and forth between Firefox and Chrome for the last 6 months or so. When I was still on ATT DSL service, I actually discovered that Chrome was crashing my DSL -- didn't believe it, but found several references to others having that problem on some Broadband forums.

So I went back to FF exclusively.

Now I'm using a broadband connection through our local cable company and decided a couple of weeks ago to go back to Chrome.

Wonderful luck now with Chrome. Love it's "minimalist" look and definite increase in speed over FF AND IE. (I installed IE 9 on my Windows 7 machine and it ran so god-awful that I had to roll back to IE 8 in order to use IE for anything.)

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

I would use Chrome, but I don't want Google to know EVERYTHING

Quote Originally Posted by VampireSkunk View Post
    I would use Chrome, but I don't want Google to know EVERYTHING
    Too late, they already do. LOL
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr. View Post
    Too late, they already do. LOL
    they know ~20% of what goes on in browsers and ~80% of what goes on in search (plus a bunch of what goes on within all their other properties) .... there's not much they don't know

Skynet is real! beware
    Last edited by superCool; July 6th, 2011 at 02:01 PM.

15. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I have too many add-ins for FireFox to want to change. When I have an issue I check against Safari for speed. I used Chrome years ago but it seemed to intentionally interfere with FireFox so I removed it. I didn't upgrade FireFox to the latest as the add-ins seem to lag by several months.

Haven't used IE since I learned about FireFox on ABW. I have it set as a disimiliar browser on my laptop and set my online banking login page as the home page. I usually open it, make coffee, login, pour the coffee then its ready! And that is waiting for the Chase login.

for those interested in trying other browsers, check out firefox, opera, and chrome from the portableapps people. Portable App Directory | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives

you could keep all three browsers on a flash drive, and run them off the flash drive. useful for running a second browser instance with no cookies or full cookies, and for checking to see what sites look like in other browsers.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread