Affiliate Manager
    Newegg is supporting California-based affiliates
    Dear California-based affiliates,

As most of you are already aware, many states have introduced legislation over the last few years geared at compelling Internet retailers to charge sales tax in states where our affiliates reside, even if the retailers have no physical operations in those states. These states seek to use the existence of affiliates as proof of sales tax nexus. Recently, California joined the ranks of these states and as a result, several companies based outside of California, including Amazon.com, have chosen to terminate their affiliate relationships with their California-based affiliates rather than attempting to work through this with you and the rest of their California-based partners.

As a California-based company, we already charge sales tax on sales to California residents so our relationship with you will not change. We would like to reaffirm that unlike Amazon.com, our commitment to you has never been stronger. We will continue to operate as we have in the past with the dual aim of optimizing our affiliate relationship with you while providing our customers with the best possible service and experience.

For those of you who are located here in California, but are not yet part of the Newegg affiliate program, please feel free to check out our affiliate program. We have worked hard to develop and maintain partnerships with over 9,000 affiliates and continue to grow. We have top-notch customer service, prompt shipping, and a vast database of over 500,000 SKUs that we can offer our customers. We look forward to working with you as well. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at affiliates@newegg.com. Thank you.

Thanks Tommy. As an Overclockers.com community member for 10 years, I've been a fan of Newegg for many reasons over time... Kinda cool to find yet another reason in an unexpected place!
    Last edited by I.M.O.G.; July 1st, 2011 at 12:19 PM.
    Matt Bidinger
    Online Community Engagement

I'm also a fan of Newegg. You guys usually have competitive prices and lightning fast shipping. The reviews on Newegg are usually a lot more sophisticated as well compared to Amazon reviews. Probably due to the fact that you guys are more well-known in the Overclocker/Tom's/Anandtech crowd.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread