Private / Private ?
    Can you please review the private ( not viewable when not logged in ) fora? I see no reason why this forum ( suggestions ) is public when site review is private. There are a few others but I'll leave those decisions to you.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

WTF?

I think this is a good thread to ask this question again, for the last time... [ If it's off-topic (delete it) otherwise (echo why not)];

If members posts are searchable by the SE's and other social places anyway, then what's the big reason to hide the "Currently Active Users:" stats, for those of us that whant to know how many people are here now, before we log-in?

That may sound like an stupid question but...

Let's make believe for a moment that some new affiliate or merchant with a question lands on ABW from someplace else...

Would they be more inclined to join ABW because they see many people online now, or would they take the risk to join a forum on where they can't see if no one is here now?

Btw, would you like to be the first, or the only one to show up to a party because you don't know how many people are or will be there?

Note: After almost eight years of being active here, I have gotten use to too many weird changes around here (maybe a virtual family thing), but... it's 2011...
    Attached Images Attached Images

ABW Ambassador
    "Would they be more inclined to join ABW because they see many people online now, or would they take the risk to join a forum on where they can't see if no one is here now?"

Agree, we used to have it like that and I remember you bringing this up when it changed. I also remembered reading something about this a long time ago, some usability study.

If you go to a forum and look at the bottom and you don't see anybody online. Then you scroll and see forums where nobody has posted in months and sometimes not even this year, it makes the forum look pretty inactive. Not a major issue but don't see the reason for having it the way it is. I like looking at things basically as, is this going to help or is this going to hurt. Can't think of one good reason how this helps anything.

4. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal View Post
    WTF?

I think this is a good thread to ask this question again, for the last time... [ If it's off-topic (delete it) otherwise (echo why not)];

If members posts are searchable by the SE's and other social places anyway, then what's the big reason to hide the "Currently Active Users:" stats, for those of us that whant to know how many people are here now, before we log-in?

That may sound like an stupid question but...

Let's make believe for a moment that some new affiliate or merchant with a question lands on ABW from someplace else...

Would they be more inclined to join ABW because they see many people online now, or would they take the risk to join a forum on where they can't see if no one is here now?

Btw, would you like to be the first, or the only one to show up to a party because you don't know how many people are or will be there?

Note: After almost eight years of being active here, I have gotten use to too many weird changes around here (maybe a virtual family thing), but... it's 2011...
    Done. (Logout and view the bottom of the forum homepage to confirm)
    Last edited by I.M.O.G.; July 5th, 2011 at 07:33 PM.
    Matt Bidinger
    Online Community Engagement

Cool!

I read your other post saying you were looking at the various forums so I won't bump this thread till next week - there's a lot of forums

Keep Rocking Matt!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

7. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    FYI, we have a long list of updates and improvements we are working through. No request will go unanswered. Matt is handling vBulletin changes while I am focusing on rules/policy changes. Our goal is to encourage the conversation and make everyone more comfortable.

9. Thanks From:

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread