Does anyone use a second Facebook account for affiliate marketing?
    I've had a Facebook account for a long time, but I don't really use it for my affiliate marketing connections and I'm considering opening a second one just for that purpose.

Anyone else do this or do you just use the same one for everything?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Good question, I got my first Facebook account as it was a requirement for a Affiliate Summit session to get additional info. I use it for friends and family but also for business relationships. Because I repost info from my forum I keep the personal chatter as low as possible. Have been contemplating making a second. Funny thing is that last summer at my high school reunion I had several classmates tell me that they read my product posts regularly. I don't monetize the FB links so have no way of telling if they purchased.

I believe having more than one is against the TOS so you risk getting them both removed. Also facebook has been known to shoot first ask questions second. See roger eibert as an example
    Last edited by gcarson; July 4th, 2011 at 01:17 PM.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    How about one in your own name and a second in a business name?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by gcarson View Post
    I believe having more than one is against the TOS so you risk getting them both removed. Also facebook has been known to shoot first ask questions second. See roger eibert as an example
    You're absolutely right, I missed that in the fine print.

Seems a shame that FB doesn't allow for more differentiation between personal and business life, although I heard that Google is going to attempt to add such a feature into their Circles platform.

I'm not a big Twitter fan, but maybe I'll have to use it more.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    How about one in your own name and a second in a business name?

Now there's a thought, never considered that.

Back to FB TOS.

A profile has to be a human but you can have as many fan pages for businesses just not profiles

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I know little about FB, but I was just told that the multiple-account restriction is as to email addresses: One account per email address. And I know someone who has their own account and a separate account in her dog's name (he has his own email address).
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    "I believe having more than one is against the TOS so you risk getting them both removed."

Like gcarson said you can have pages for your business, which is what I have for my personal account, however..........

The reality is there are households with more than 1 person in them that access the internet via the same ip and it's logical to have different Facebook accounts for each person. The 16 year high school girl isn't going to use her mom's Facebook account. At the beginning before I read this rule, I had a couple of them. I don't use them anymore, will probably delete but I can still login, just mainly use my main Facebook account. A few profiles per ip, I think you will probably be fine with.

you can create a page as mentioned by others

go here Create a Page | Facebook

I think you log in as yourself and create a page for whatever it is you promote, you can then log in as yourself and in the "account settings" you can "use facebook as page", from there you will be interacting on facebook as the admin for your business - I think you can even hide yourself as the admin if you prefer not to disclose that.

On Facebook, I have a personal profile page and two fan pages for two separate businesses.

They've all worked well together.

Next month I plan to change the personal profile page into a fan/author page because I'm at the top of my industry and am planning a new phase for my branding campaign.

Regarding affiliate marketing, I promote my affiliate program on my personal profile page at least once monthly.

Shirley
    Last edited by SGFrazier; July 4th, 2011 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gcarson View Post
    I have had two FB accounts for over a year and no problems so far probably because they are unique, i.e. separate name, log in details, email addresses etc.
    Never thought of one for the dog though!

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Yea same here, everything I need beyond my core account is run as groups and pages.

I was actually just reading about this in another forum; lots of ppl suggest create fan pages and groups instead of having multiple accounts, and prevent any connections between the fan pages and your personal account. Personally I wouldn't want to mess my real life good friends with marketing purpose targeted audience.
    Last edited by CrystalDMP; July 5th, 2011 at 05:31 AM.

Two or more accounts are always a good idea. Facebook has been known to kick you out or lock you out for days for suspicious activity. If you have close friends and family on one account you may not want to take the risk of losing that for business purposes. Also if you are planning on actually advertising on FB I've heard its a good idea to start different accounts with different credit cards to increase your spend limit. Just some food for thought.

People will often use multiple facebook accounts for completely legitimate reasons, even for affiliate marketing. It just has to be made clear, and not actually running things or fanpage type traffic generation with complete disregard to facebook's TOS. That is how you get booted and yes facebook is a shoot first and never ask questions later, or answer questions at all type of site. So tread lightly if you are seriously considering.

As long as they're being kept separate of one another, many people have succeed in using multiple accounts for varying purposes.

well many people have multiple account and these people do business with them like affiliate marketing or promoting something or even there offine business

Hi everyone!

Just a piece of advice. If you want to promote your business on Facebook, I would suggest that you would create a page for that an account. Recently, facebook has been strict with their accounts limited only to real individuals. Sometimes they disabled fake accounts just for the purpose of any marketing. Make me an example.

Good luck!

I think there would be better to open another account for your affiliate bussiness. you can post some thing about your affiliate program not been seen by your friend.

Even though I don't personally have another account for an affiliate business, I know that some people do open other several accounts devoted to that affiliate, and I mean accounts, not just fan pages (which they also create). I'd recommend creating a page/group (preferably a page, they're easily liked) instead of creating/opening another account.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread