ABW Ambassador
    I'm beginning to see more and more of this at ABW and I don't understand why.

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    Can you elaborate at bit?

Affiliate Manager
    Yeah, it is sad to see.
    Joe Sousa
    <a href="http://www.whatdoesjoethink.com">What Does Joe Think</a>
    Affiliate Coordinator
    <a href="http://www.fanatics.com">Fanatics.com</a>

the reason is simple...

just look at the post from one of our "own" AM's

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...421#2531001421

AM's are telling afiliates to spread the word about who they are promoting... so they come here to do just that!

Not realizing we consider it unwanted

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Internet Cowboy
    Some AMs are relentless in their efforts to hype their product.
    I am getting tired of some of these programs that send newsletters too often, some send them 2 or 3 times a week. I have dropped programs for this reason.
    Funny, the successful programs where everyone is making money don't do much of this kind of stuf. Maybe it isn't so funny after all.

ABW Ambassador
    The only desperation I see a lot around here is the Google addicts trying to make what does not work for them any more work by doing twice as much of what no longer works, instead of finding something that works :P

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Marketing=Advertising ...so desperation marketing should be defined as non-permission advertising. In the real world all advertising is PRE-PAID. as no Adwhore operation will ever assume the risk of charging clients based upon effectiveness or ROI of Ads.

Online the we have a new Marketing/advertising animal called the Pay-per-Performance affiliate Adwhore operations. Why label them Adwhores?? Because the they just created FLOAT into the advertising game. They pay Ad publishers only if they report an "action" has occurred. The publishers get DELAYED payment from those who control the "action" reporting.

In the real world you pay for advertising and assume the risk of the effectiveness based upon the Adwhores spin. The advertiser assumes all risk. Online in the PPA affiliate network you (merchant) pay for only the advertising that produces results on a 30-90 day basis. That requires publisher TRUST in 100% reporting and it creates a FLOAT for your Ad dollars. This model passes 100% of the risk to the Ad publisher who only gets a promise of payment.

Anything that interfers with "action" reporting, credits wrong publisher's account, diverts traffic to non-commissionable actions, or results in partial-slow or non-payment of commissions due.... earns the affiliated merchant the title of ADWHORE. At least in the real world you know when you pay the price you normally get "f*cked. Online with the Float and leakage your guaranteed this result. The desperation marketing approach by the AM's is their way of expressing the courtesy "reach around"...

Only my Safe Haven Sales Network breaks the mold and pushes the whole PPA marketing idea into permission based arena....without the leakage.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chief_Beef:
    The only desperation I see a lot around here is the Google addicts trying to make what does not work for them any more work by doing twice as much of what no longer works, instead of finding something that works :P <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>So true.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I agree about the G**gle remarks. Everyone having a reason to wait for the G**gle dance has long since faded.

As for the desperation, agree about that too. I have a several of programs that send out daily notes or notes every couple of days to everyone. I'm about to put them in the spam filter. I can hear them now, "But they are a really good way of...blah...blah..."
    Yes, you are my only merchant - how did you know?

As for the program that was referenced by thread above. That type of program/product speaks for itself, doesn't it?

Fred

I think a monthly newsletter, telling affiliates about what's going on, what's coming up, reminders about coupons expiring, etc., is a welcome and helpful tool for AM's to use. Amanda at Eastwood does a good job of this.

If a program doesn't allow parasites, gives affiliates the tools they need to grow and prosper, and has a supportive contact that is active in growing the affiliate channel, it won't need "desperation marketing."

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    When hasn't X10 been about desperation?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by my2cents:
    the reason is simple...

just look at the post from one of our "own" AM's

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...421#2531001421

AM's are telling afiliates to spread the word about who they are promoting... so they come here to do just that!

Not realizing we consider it unwanted

Joe <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually Joe I had Indie Forum discussion that needed to go up, normally I stagnate my posts so I am not messing up the boards but I wanted to get in all done in one day so I could have some free time this weekend ( have had a bad cold).. Yes it looks like spamming the boards yet it was not intentionally meant to do that.. Just needed to get the Indie program forum discussions up..

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread