We are having a great deal of difficulty getting customer notices through to Yahoo, AOL and Hotmail. We sell downloadable software, so we need to send order confirmations and download notifications (a copy of the thank you page) and then we send a follow up the next day. These are sent off our main domain name mail server and that is used for that and normal customer service. We estimate between orders and customer service, we are talking about 2-3,000 emails a day.

Here is the issue, the customer expects an email, do not get it and call their CC company or just call us and cancel.

On top of this, our actual customer list (which numbers around 350,000 names) is mailed through an email hosting company so it is not related to our servers or domain.

Suggestions as this is getting pricey?

I know that other merchants have this problem too but our products are downloads, so people NEED their emails.

Thanks ahead of time ...

BF

Sounds like you should switch the 3rd party you are using to send out the emails. Their domains may be blacklisted. Contact AOl, and Microsoft. When I had a problem getting email to them in the past they worked with me to fix the problem.

Mike thanks ... but I have tried and have no idea where within AOL ot Yahoo to start.

We mail off of our servers and they aren't blacklisted (I have checked) but the content is strictly business and I would suspect it doesn't get through because of the content. But I can't change the words or start screwing with characters.

Any contacts or direction would be appreciated.

for aol
    http://postmaster.aol.com

not sure about yahoo.

I have seen some people get around this by converting the message to a .pdf or a .tif and sending it that way.

Maybe you can add a little comment for them to add your email address if they are having a problem recieving the confirmation email because of alot of spam blocking, so when you send them the email they'll recieve them?

Just a thought!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread