I am interested in researching drop shipping as a possible compliment to my affiliate income and came across this ad on ABW for World Wide brands http://www.worldwidebrands.com/WWB/main_dropship.asp

Does anyone have any experience with this outfit, or purchased their 'Drop Ship Source Directory'

Don't purchase a directory

What do you plan to sell?

if you plan to sell anything 9 out of 10 times the product you want to sell has a company website that company website 9 out of 10 times will have a reseller site that reseller site will have a list of wholesalers and. 8 out of 10 wholesalers drop ship.

Internet Cowboy
    As tempting as it is to set up a drop ship operation, it will end up being a real pain in the a**.

"real pain in the a**.",yeah with customer service, credit card processing and such. What the hell am I thinking I run 12 sites and barely have enough time in the day to keep up with them. God what a dreamer I am! Thanks for waking me up Mikey and scohaz. Sorry for wasting your time guy's

Internet Cowboy
    Wise move. You often have to depend on too many other people when you are drop shipping. They are not nearly as motivated to take care of your customer as you want or need them to be.

Hey Guys,
    Let's not be too hasty. If you want to make your expectations clear with the supplier in advance, that helps. Drop ship from multiple sources, and drop the dogs as you go.
    I have more than a few sites doing just that, and doing okay. I have a few affiliate sites too, but I make 2 to 4 times the amount per sale with a drop ship arrangement.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    A 50% margin sounds a lot better than 5%-20%. Plus, you don't have to worry about a merchant not crediting you with a sale - you are the merchant. Plus, it's easier to get into sites like dmoz if you are an actual merchant, so your site should appear in more places or get a little push rank-wise.

I'm all for drop shipping!
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread