Thread: McAfee Program Question

McAfee Program Question
    I've been very satisfied with the Mcafee affiliate program originally with Linkshare and now with One Network Direct. I have a long history of consistent sales but over the last 2 months my sales have fallen off by nearly 60% compared with the first quarter of 2011.

Reports show that my impressions and clicks are down around 20% comparing the same periods, so that would account for some loss of sales- but not 60%.

I wonder if blame lies partially with the McAfee creative links where I've noted that instead of taking the user to a product landing page or direct-to-cart page where they choose product, then enter payment information,etc--- the shopper is first required to fill out a form requiring they set up an account with password before they can proceed to choose product and enter payment information.

It seems to me this is backwards and could be a deal killer when you are requiring personal information to be entered before the shopper has chosen product and taken the step of entering payment information.

I hope this is not the wrong place to ask. I can try to contact the program manager about it but I wondered if any others in the program may have noticed a big drop in sales over the last 2 months.

Marfie,

I don't work with this program. However, I will bring your inquiry to the correct people and get you connected.

Thank you,
    Danny K. - Network Administrator, Digital River- oneNetworkDirect.com, Email: dkautt@digitalriver.com

Affiliate Network Rep
    Marfie
    We’re happy to have you as part of the McAfee affiliate program. We appreciate you taking the time to share you experience with us as it’s always helpful to hear from affiliates.

As far as the McAfee purchase flow is concerned we are working on updating the customer experience and are looking forward to releasing a new flow soon.

Please do send over your account details as we’d like to take a look at your account to see what we can do to increase your sales. I’m positive this is something that we can work through together.

Thank you Danny and Annie,

Glad to hear that a new "flow" is coming. My order stats are still in the dumps, but again- my impressions and clicks are fairly constant with norms in past when order totals were consistently much better.

Where should I send the account details?

Still dealing with this issue of the premature signup form. Thought I would spend some time checking out the available links and see if anything has changed. Using Firefox and Explorer, I've been studying the navigation flow of the McAfee links and discovered some weird variations in the page navigation that seem to be based on the cookie information that gets stored on the user's machine. I would really like to talk to someone involved with this program if at all possible. If I could get a contact name and phone or email that would be great.

Thanks

Affiliate Network Rep
    Marfie,
    I just sent you a private message with a contact for you. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us.

Annie

7. Thanks From:

8. Newsletter Signup