• Android

8 66.67%
  • iPhone

3 25.00%
  • Other

1 8.33%
    OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Android, iPhone or Other Poll
    I have been using a LG Chocolate for too many years and its not a smart phone (at least not very smart). While working for someone else and giving at least 50 hrs a week I wasn't going to spend more time working on personal time (like family, sleep). Now that I work for myself I need to be online even when I am unplugged.

What is your favorite smart phone and why?

I have a Droid 2 Global and the battery lasts about 1/2 the day with light use and the screen brightness turned all the way down to almost black. On top of that, it seems to lock up and operate very slowly too often. I especially love the way Google maps locks up all the time on my Google phone.. I miss my simple BB most of the time.
    Last edited by gcarson; July 7th, 2011 at 12:24 PM.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    I liked my daughter's smart phone so much I got one for myself. First one.

Samsung Galaxy Prevail from Boost Mobile. I have nothing else to compare it to but my old outdated "dumb" phone. They have a $50 / month all inclusive plan with "shrinkage". Every six months of on-time payments decreases your bill by $5 / month. Bottoms out at $35. Bought this one on sale at Boost Mobile for $144. I'm not big on texting but sure is nice to be able to respond to customers and emails without going back to the computer.

Have been playing with it non-stop since I got it Tuesday. First day was a tad confusing, second day it felt like an old glove.

Once you go smart, you never go back...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Droid X from last summer is still doing good.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I use HTC , lastest versions are very good.

ABW Ambassador
    This is something I'm figuring out now so would be interested in what other people are using.

Iphone. My big question, AT&T or Verizon. The 2 big issues that stand out for me with AT&T you can do both data and voice at the same time and you can use it in a country I might be travelling in the future. Not sure if Verizon is going to do that in the future.

Droid. Just now beginning to look at that one.
    Last edited by Trust; July 7th, 2011 at 02:14 PM. Reason: misread title

I know that Apple went with AT&T because they had the largest worldwide network but they suck in much of the US, especially western states. I avoided the iPhone before because I would have had to setup a new account for $120/month. Now the iPhone is available on where I get a 22% discount through my wife's work.

Are most on droid because they didn't want to switch to AT&T?
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; July 7th, 2011 at 02:16 PM.

I'm on droid because I like the application model better, and the community is more open (has more of an open source feel, though usually not open source). I didn't consider iPhone on principle - I don't like Apple's product/software ecosystem tie-in. It's on a foundation that is designed in particular to limit your options as a consumer in using their range of products and applications. Fine for many, and I'm cool with that. Not for me however.
    Matt Bidinger
    Online Community Engagement

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    I am an Iphone fan. I feel they revolutionized the cellphone. Yes Android is very cool, but leave me with my good ole Iphone...
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

I own the HTC Thunderbolt with Verizon. STAY AWAY from this phone. Battery life is awful.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboysfan View Post
    I own the HTC Thunderbolt with Verizon. STAY AWAY from this phone. Battery life is awful.
    Speaking of battery life, the Samsung Galaxy Prevail APPEARS to be a battery hog. But this is only day three and I have been playing with it a lot.

Will see what I think in a few weeks when it's not so new and shiny to me...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Android, LG Aly for the pull out keyboard (so I can do work/answer helpdesk cases from anywhere).

Stayed with Verizon because AT&T has always had zero cell coverage at my house (at the bottom of a valley), and even Verizon had limited coverage here that ended up getting worse as the trees grew each year so I ended up getting a local mini tower (femtocell) to boost the signal at the house, it automatically routes my Verizon calls over my DSL

The camera on it is really bad though I've had no other problems with the phone.

Stayed with Verizon because AT&T has always had zero cell coverage at my house (at the bottom of a valley), and even Verizon had limited coverage here that ended up getting worse as the trees grew each year so I ended up getting a local mini tower (femtocell) to boost the signal at the house, it automatically routes my Verizon calls over my DSL
    I did the same but was on a hill but working in the basement. Found out after I installed it that my broadband was wireless to an antennae on the house. It converted to Ethernet which I plugged into the router. Because of the different method the signal used for packets it would not work, had to send it back. That's when I decided to get an office.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread