OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Grocery Affiliate Programs?
    Curious if affiliates are having success with grocery affiliate programs. Have had a number of people ask me about it this year. Seems to be a tough sell but with the growth of local marketing and local deals seems to be a new opportunity. Have not noticed that regional chains are moving this direction, what about Wal-mart on a local level?

Here's a recent article and I will see if I can find one from Internet Retailer which did a print article: Google Retail Blog: Beyond the Aisle: Three Consumer Trends in the Online Grocery World

I think there is something like 15 supermarkets within 5 miles of me, but there isn't a day I don't see the peapod delivery trucks running around. Not just during winter, but all the time and I can definitely tell you that it's been a noted increase in the frequency over the years.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    PeaPod is one of the few distribution companies focused on home delivery and expect to see them in big metro areas.

In 2010, 32% of consumers responding to an FMI survey said their primary grocery store offered online ordering, and 28% said they had done at least some online ordering at those grocers. 4% said they shopped online at those grocers one to three times per month, and 2% said at least once a week. But 22% said they shopped online at those grocers less than once a month, with another 73% saying they never shopped there online. Industry Statistics - Online grocery shoppers like home delivery - Internet Retailer
    I am interested if regional grocers are offering if they have affiliate programs: Safeway, Kroger, Albertson, etc.

ABW Ambassador
    "Curious if affiliates are having success with grocery affiliate programs."

Not really. I've had some Peapod sales here and there. Also have had Safeway/Vons on my site for many years, don't recall a sale. But not sure how much traffic I even sent them and this was just on a coupon site. Maybe better on a more targetted site. I think one of the major problems is most of these places are in limited markets, not even available everywhere. And then groceries, talking more about meats and produce, most people want to pick that out in person. The obvious prepackaged, nonperishable would be a more likely seller.

So not so much grocery as in grocery stores but I've had some success with other food items.
    Last edited by Trust; July 7th, 2011 at 04:03 PM.

5. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread