Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Is it my imagination or has the posting rate at ABW really slumped this last few days?

When I look at the people logged in I never see more than 30 whereas before I would see anything up to 75 logged in at a time.

Is it still the holiday season out there?
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Dunno bout the posting rate but the last few days i've bailed because it's taking longer and longer to get on ABW... Just don't have the time to wait around for pages to load..

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    It's January, xmas is over we have to start preparing for next xmas. This is my busiest time of the year.

Mike

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I don't know about everybody else Gordon, but I'm pooped! The holiday season really wore me out. I'm not being particularly productive on my web sites either. I have a ton of things to do and I just can't get going on them. I think I have a touch of cabin fever, too.

C'mon <span class="ev_code_GREEN">S</span><span class="ev_code_PINK">P</span><span class="ev_code_BLUE">R</span><span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I</span><span class="ev_code_RED">N</span><span class="ev_code_YELLOW">G</span>!

Gordon...

No, it’s not your imagination... and I’m surprised... that you’re surprised...

Especially since you were a big part of it...

Don’t you remember that little “event” that happened a short while back?

You, and several others said that you were leaving and that you’d
    never post on ABW again... I’m glad that you changed your mind...

However... there are others that made similar comments and were
    banned for speaking their mind in the same forum where you posted...
    Or, supposedly, on outside forums...

But, you’ll notice that you can’t find any trace of those posts now...
    I think that has a lot to do with the low “posting rate” as you call it...

Chances are I’ll get banned for this post... If so, no problem...
    I always learn more from lurking than from posting anyway...

An error was made somewhere along the line... the spirit of ABW...
    was compromised in the name of “correctness”...

A few of the folks that were banned were the heart and spirit of ABW...
    No wonder that you are seeing a decline in the number of posts... but...

I also see a decline in the quality of the information that is being posted...

When I see a new post by SandraR... I might start to believe that it’s
    more about the business... and less about the personalities... jmho...

fwiw
    Bob
    <Font size="1" color="99000">Never doubt anybody's word for anything... but... Always double check everything... - Grandpa</font>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Especially since you were a big part of it...

Don’t you remember that little “event” that happened a short while back?

You, and several others said that you were leaving and that you’d
    never post on ABW again... I’m glad that you changed your mind... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Thanks for your reply Bob but I am confused, I certainly don't know/remember what event you are refering to and I cannot think I said I would not post here again, but then again I am getting older/more senile so I may have. Please enlighten me if you can I am really puzzled about that.

I do know I've not been here much since early November because I was over in the UK for 3 weeks then my daughter came over here (still is) so I'm not sure what event you are refering to. Please let me know I'm sure Haiko would not mind you explaining it.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Gordon...

I understand... memory is the second thing to go...

No wonder you can’t remember...

The forum is gone and all of the threads have been deleted...
    That is... if they ever existed in the first place... my bad...

All of the evidence is gone... guess you’re right... you win...

But.. there are others out there... that read the same things that
    I read... and they will remember... not that it matters...

Since you say that Haiko would not mind if I explain it...
    And since we’re talking bullshit... and fairy tales...

Once upon a time there was a fair maiden known as SandraR...
    And she offended the ogre that lived on the mountain... So the
    ogre declared that she would be banished from the kingdom until...

And then... ?

Gimme’ A Break...

fwiw
    Bob
    <Font size="1" color="99000">Never doubt anybody's word for anything... but... Always double check everything... - Grandpa</font>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by webpartner:
    Once upon a time there was a fair maiden known as SandraR...
    And she offended the ogre that lived on the mountain... So the
    ogre declared that she would be banished from the kingdom until... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>...Prince Jason kissed her and she woke up...

Some of the more interesting and entertaining personalities are gone it is true. Believe it or not, they were a big draw to ABW.

But, it is more than that. The Google update has had a lot to do with it. Some are too depressed. Some are looking for other income which means they may have jobs taking up their time. Or, they are busy doing damage control to their site, making new sites, adding content etc.

The most exciting time of year to sell is over. Some are taking a bit of a break. The election is over and gone with it are the political debates.

Well, the board is looking more "professional", now. This should make the "Professional Posting Only Cop Crowd" all happy.

Anyone think this is an improvement? Seems more like a ghost town to me.

I think new "personalities" will spring up. But, it will take time for them to become known and get established.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    It's a natural occurance when Political Correctness trumps the ability to tell it like it is... Allowing for the free flow of information regardless of spin, hype, ajenda and truth makes it easy to decern the truth as events unfold. Page views and audience comes from controversial threads... not trading spam recipes.

Personality disorders like expressed by Gordo -Charlie and SandraR just add flavoring as we rehash the same Old ..same Old subjects. Humor often breaks the ice trying to overcome the depression of the Google traffic shredder, The BHO & cookie stuffers Merry Christmas message, elections, My turning 60, and the networks commitment to report sales and leveling the playing field. Talk about jokes!

Happy New Year Gordo...welcome back.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Well, I hope some of the people who have been hanging back on posting because they may have been intimidated by some of the really "strong" personalities, now missing, jump in and get their feet wet.

One of the problems with any banning is that it tends to suppress posting by others for a while, especially when the reasons are not publicly known and understood.

Of course, the real reasons cannot always be publicly known and understood. It may be none of the publics business.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I don't know if it is all of that really. I mean, personally, I took to vacation during the Christmast to New Year's week and all last week, I was trying to catch up from everything that happened while I was gone.

While I am not a large scale poster, I would bet that a bunch of people are in that boat. just a holiday hangover.
    Chris Mayr
    When amassed, even dust can become a mountain.

There is a finite amount of intelligence but an infinite amount of stupidity in the universe

And then you have those of us that have 'been around' for quite some time and just simply don't post any more for various and sundry reasons.

I still visit on a regular basis and I read fairly selectively.

Seems like a bad case of deja vu though....

CodeJockey.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rhea:
    I don't know about everybody else Gordon, but I'm pooped! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No I’m Poop, Pooped and Poopie Nubert. Rhea, that's my Trademarked Line

As far as post here, I noticed it too. Like walking through Tombstone right before a big gunfight.

Well the gunfight at the Ok-ABW-Coral has been every man for themselves and every woman for herself (except for the old bag, she can drop dead).

Between updating, getting all those HO HO HO' ad's off the sites and everyone scrambling to rework pages to try and reap Googlewonga God of Search who bows to none, I believe it has slowed down just a tad... Well maybe a lot!

SO as we use to tell one poor soul here at one time "GET TO WORK and make pages".

Or what ever you do, but start posting... I can’t take it without the moaning and groaning, the bellyaching and *****ing, the obnoxious and the mundane.

Yes give us those posts back please.

Starting more poop in a day than any cowpoke cleans up in a week.

Poopie Nubert
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

ABW Ambassador

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>But, it is more than that. The Google update has had a lot to do with it. Some are too depressed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I believe SSanf has probably summed it all up in a nutshell. Seems these days I spend most of my time just staring at the monitor and wondering where I should go from here. Right now the creative juices are just not flowing. What I need is a good injection from Google!

I think Rhea and SSanf are correct. I know I haven't been around as much, as time has been a premium for me these past few months. I do recall the big stink, vaguely, but I had too many outside things going on at the time, so I didn't really follow it.

I think ABW is evolving, which is part of the growth cycle. Users online overall might be down, but there are so many other things going on that have an affect on it: recovery from the Holidays, sheer exhaustion, cleaning up of sites for the new year, etc.

I'm involved in the big new year clean up right now, and it is eating my time!

I think there are some good things happening in the affiliate industry, and I'm certain that ABW will continue to be a big part of that.

Andy

I haven't been around long but I enjoy this forum.

I read most of the posts and indeed there are a few 'intimidating' personalities around. In between the sometimes caustic answers given, there are some pearls of wisdom revealed.

Bottom line - keep it coming and I'll keep reading.

Making Affiliate Marketing FUN!
    You say that some people are depressed about the google update. Here is my question...is it really that bad? How much have your personal revnues from ad sense been affected?

Google won't admit it, but I have it on good authority that there's a problem with the SERPs in place since mid-December. It will be corrected.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    What good authority, what did they say was the problem with the SERPS and what date will it be corrected?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> is it really that bad? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> How much have your personal revnues from ad sense been affected? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Putting adsense all over my sites, now. I never had to work for stupid penny clicks before.

ABW Ambassador
    Less throwing sh!t up on the wall to see what sticks, throw up a Monet instead or at least something that will pass for Motel art

Tell you what Trust, poop on the wall kept me in beans the last few years.

OK, I have to change but it was a strategy that sure paid my rent for a long time while others were NOT making money.

You have to do whatever works at the time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> TrustNo1 wrote:
    What good authority, what did they say was the problem with the SERPS and what date will it be corrected? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I can't exactly name names, but a search through many popular categories over the past few weeks has been coming up with unacceptable (read: non-relevant, stale, poor quality) SERPs. Try checking on popular terms that don't necessarily have anything to do with any of your sites, and you'll likely come back with a few that make you wonder how Google got to be so popular. Google's core customers (non-webmasters) are getting these same results, and that's not good for Google.

I've been told Google is aware of this and is taking steps to make corrections. I have one site that was hit in December, and I'm beginning to see better SERP listings for some of its keywords today. How long this takes to complete is anyone's guess.

Anyway, I trust the person this info came from, and have decided to not spend hours making a ton of changes to improve ranking just yet, as I believe it may be wasted effort.

As I said, take it for what it's worth, make changes if you must, I understand this is income to pay the bills for many, but don't get stressed out over it just yet. Better SERPs are coming...

Andy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast