Making Affiliate Marketing FUN!
    How are your sites doing? I know that the 3-6 month period is still early on, but i just was wondering what was happening in general with websites this new. I'd love to see some of your websites...especially from the newbs who are doing ok.

ABW Ambassador
    It's a heck of a lot harder to rank well for good terms than it was in the old days (slightly over a year ago), but still ahven't seen hair nor hide of the mythical "sandbox" effect on any sites released in the past 6 months.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> seen hair nor hide of the mythical "sandbox" effect <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well, I've sure got one . . . was discovered by google then lost

Internet Cowboy
    I have a site that I launched in early December that just started to generate some traffic and some income last week.
    It is all organic traffic and is all coming from Yahoo at this point.

It's funny, I have had sites that start off with a bang within a month or two while I have had others that have been around for nearly a year and never got going. I do most everything the same on all of my sites as far as means to get them listed.

FYI HelloJello, you won't get a lot of people here willing to share their domains with you. You WILL get a lot of people who will share valuable information. Unfortunately, there are those out there who will copy a site, slap their aff. code on it and call it their's.

It also depends on whether this is your first site, and it's been 3-6 months - or if someone is adding another site and it's been 3-6 months.

May be tougher to get traffic to the first site.

Just a thought, good luck Hellojello

Fred

I have 4 sites which are less than 3 months old.

2 are doing well. One OK and the other virtually nothing as it was picked up by Google then dropped. Googlebot still visits from time to time but it's not back yet.

R

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Googlebot still visits from time to time but it's not back yet <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

at least there are visits. google is probably waiting for a major update scheduled for the future.

I wish there was some connection between the adsense bots and the regular google bots, even if over a very slow connection. There should be. Some of the hits on pages with adsense running could be taken as an indication of usage or relative importance of that page. Or, especially, of mere existence.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread