I have a funny enough domain name and a pretty raunchy sense of humor. Do you guys make anything on your humor sites? If you wouldn't mind telling me, is it on the order of pennies per day or more like dollars?

I think most entertainment sites require quite a bit of traffic to generate a significant amount of earnings. The earnings per visitor or earnings per page view will be significantly less than with a commercial site.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

From my experience, most humor sites don't generate a significant amount of revenue, but they can generate useful traffic and PageRank/whatever.

At the very worst case, you can create a site that'll make people laugh, especially if it's original.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

i've got one with over 1K impressions per day .. way low epc with adsense .. i do a few popunders and such with it too. nothing to blow you away unless you're getting thousands of impressions per day.

The real money with humor sites is not the website itself but the newsletter.

I consistantly get $1+ eCPM from running freebie and sweeps CPA newsletter ads in my humor newsletter.

A nice addition to that revenue would be from online TAF forms too.
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JP Sauve:
    The real money with humor sites is not the website itself but the newsletter.

I consistantly get $1+ eCPM from running freebie and sweeps CPA newsletter ads in my humor newsletter.

A nice addition to that revenue would be from online TAF forms too. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Phew! $1 CPM is too low for me ...

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    My humor site pays for itself and buys me a lunch or two every month. I do get traffic to my other sites from there, though, as a portion of the traffic sees something they've been meaning to look into and click.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread