ABW Ambassador
    This week I am going to be dropping merchants who are joined with parasites.

NO more asking AMs about this as I see JC whitney is considering keeping ebates.
    It is not worth talking to these AMs anymore.

Just wanting to know if the following still overwrite affiliate links.
    I included the url to the merchant pages when I could find them, so you could all check your merchants out and see if they are listed there.

Gator

e2Give

Box Tops 4 Education / Top Moxie

eBates / Top Moxie http://www.ebates.com/all_stores.go
    Are we safe if it is coupon only?

Upromise / Top Moxie http://www.upromise.com/nspage?su=8260

SchoolCash / TopMoxie

iGive / Top Moxie http://www.igive.com/html/malltour.cfm

MyPoints / Top Moxie

SchoolPop / TopMoxie http://www.schoolpop.com/cgi/allmerch.cgi

180 Solutions / nCase / Zango

HuntBar

Golden Retriever / ShopatHomeSelect
    http://www.shopathomeselect.com/all_...-71C3501FD816}

WhenU

PointsPassport

Kaaza

Ezula

If I missed any please add to the list.
    Thanks
    Cazzie

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I just had to do a complete restore on an inlaws computer over Christmas. Their teenager had the machine mucked up with about 4 or 5 from your list. The 100+ GB hard drive was full and the machine operated about as fast as a 1979 Tandy, not to mention the popups! No more internet for the teen in that household!

My inlaws had no idea what a parasite was - they know now!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    pmmed ya....
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

As far as I'm concerned, once a parasite, always a parasite. Every one of these have a software download with the capability of redirecting your traffic.

I made my list of the merchants I'm replacing last week that appear on ANY of the parasites lists that you gave. Last year I eliminated all infected merchants except for the ones that owed me money. I still held a small amount of hope that I'd earn just that little bit more to reach the minimum payout so I could get what was due me and then I could remove them. That doesn't matter to me any longer. I'm removing the ones with balances this month.

My patience has run completely out while waiting until a merchant checks them out or waiting for this or that. No more. I'm tired of hearing a merchant kicking out one and then finding out a few months later that they've let them back in because they're behaving now, only to see them having a glitch show up later to begin the whole process again.

Even if they don't pop up and redirect my visitor, they overwrite cookies on direct type-ins or from search engines so there are no return days for customers that have any of these on their computers.

So far I've replaced 2 merchants (one from CJ and one from LS) with their competitors and just flat removed 4 others without replacements. My plans are to replace or remove at least one or more a day until all are gone.

Did I mention that I've run out of patience with merchants that don't get it yet? Or that can't remember that they got it once and now forgot?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> As far as I'm concerned, once a parasite, always a parasite. Every one of these have a software download with the capability of redirecting your traffic <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am sure there will come a day when all affiliate managers will come here and proclaim to be parasite fre but only because the networks will force the parasites out.

It will become cool to state that your program is parasite free.

There are plenty of places that have clean affiliate programs to replace the parasites you just have to dig a bit. I dont think I have had any parasite merchants for a while now and the best part is I get checks again!
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

cazzie...

We are in the process of doing the same thing...
    Got to start the new year off right...

The only one I can add at the moment is...
    donation street

You’ll find a lot of familiar names there including...
    JC Whitney and Overstock...

fwiw
    Bob

edited to add...
    BTW, you might also want to delete every linkshare merchant automatically..
    <Font size="1" color="99000">Never doubt anybody's word for anything... but... Always double check everything... - Grandpa</font>

Can ask you all to put the new MS Spyware tools,
    Just to let the consumer aware of it and if they tried the spyware at least they will see if they have it on their pc.

This is our chance to let even a few (hoping for more!) about the issues we are dealing with and I think we do have a chance to get alot of them aware of this and pass them to their friends and families.

I plan of pushing this Software to even a few will get their pc clean or even be aware of the names that is spying on their pc and not accept them in the future!

I made up a banner and Mike also you all are welcome to use it if you'd like!

Let's get the consumer know about this!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Pathetic that even the old time ABW merchants can't realize they're no trusted incent sites in this business....period. Look at that list of 1200 2 faced wanks at ShopatHomeSelect/Belarco group. From day one a spammer -forced click cheat(CPC days) - incent trafficer -rebate/cash back schemer and now a BHO infestion player....all wrapped in a super affiliate cloak ...posing as a merchant.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Greed is an ugly thing, and there are a lot of ugly merchants out there. This WILL come back to bite them on the butt, and I hope affiliates remember how we got shafted by these merchants.

There are a lot of things in our favor now. Increased consumer awareness of what's going on with their computers, Microsoft's changes to IE to reduce drive bys, and Microsoft's new Spyware tool.

These uppity merchants have forgotten they still need our traffic, parasites or no. If there are no links to pop up on, there are no sales and no commissions.

Doing the right thing is always the best way to go. A lot of merchants have forgotten that. And when you start removing their links and pages, you feel like you're in control again, and you open a lot of new doors for new partnerships that are mutually beneficial.

Andy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> eBates / Top Moxie http://www.ebates.com/all_stores.go <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I were to click on this link and find oooooh lets' say a dozen of my merchants on that list, does that mean they're involved in parasiteware? Or something that overwrites my affiliate tracking thing-a-majig.

I've already delinked these merchants last month because of huge hits and no sales at all. Sorry if I still seem foggy about these parasites.

I think I'm probably having a difficult time understanding it because I'm not technologically savvy (and should be standing in a corner with a dunce cap on LOL)
    Never argue with an idiot.
    The person watching, may not be able to tell the difference!

:female: :star: :envelope: [url="http://www.bridalbasics.ca/"]:weddingca[/url]

being on that list is not a guarantee of doing that activity. seems some of the companies are still trying to get off the list after severing relations.

sometimes you have to go to the source for the truth.

You can add Morpheus/WurldMedia/Buyersports to your list.

It amazes me that privacy companies such as McAfee and Anonymizer would actually use spyware to promote their products. tsk..tsk..tsk...

Wanna read something funny? WhenU is protecting consumers with an anti-spyware tool. They partnered with Aluria software to do this.

http://www.whenu.com/take_control.html

Catwoman

ABW Ambassador
    it's amazing after you check out all of the lists there is practcally no one left!
    This is going to take some time to work through!
    First I have to get my computer fixed I lost 2 years of data doing a system restore. I thought I learned my lesson "never click on what you don't understand
    'I am hoping the tech that is coming tomorrow can do this here and not have to take it to the shop. I can't be without my computer
    Then after that I have to buy a new computer this one is 6 yrs old and barely functions LOL
    But I need my data back first!
    A very unhappy
    Cazzie

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    {{{{{{{{{{{{{Cazzie}}}}}}}}}}}

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Cazzie said:
    This week I am going to be dropping merchants who are joined with parasites.

NO more asking AMs about this as I see JC whitney is considering keeping ebates.
    It is not worth talking to these AMs anymore. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guys:
    I hope you consider that not all AM's can be lumped in here. There are plenty of us who want to know if you see any affiliate of ours doing ANYTHING remotely suspicious! Due to Ben's excellent research, I was able to remove 4 cookie stuffers last year alone! Sometimes those of you who are in the thick of affiliate marketing than we are, can catch these problem sites before we can. Please don't give up on all of us!
    [size=2]Amanda Moralis
    The Eastwood Company
    [email="affiliates@eastwood.com"]affiliates AT eastwood.com[/email]
    [url="http://www.eastwood.com/jump.jsp?itemID=34&itemType=CONTENT"]Sign-up Link[/url]
    [/size]

I would like to add that while it might be more work for folks please contact us first if you see our companies listed...please?

It's a little crazy to point out here the unethical procedures of known parasites, but to then rely on them to give you an accurate list of their merchant relationships...rarely are these lists accurate.

If an AM doesn't respond to you, by all means then pull the trigger. Otherwise, don't rely on the devil to provide you an honest list.
    Best,

David Rogers
    Sr. Manager, E-Commerce
    New Line Cinema
    212 649-4900
    NewLineShop.com
    WBShop.com
    TheOCInsiderShop.com

Everybody keeps saying its the merchant partnering with ebates and other parasites, well I believe it is not the merchant in most cases but the affiliate manager that is partnered with them. This is only my opinion, I think some of the AM's partnered with these spyware, popup hell, turn your PC into a useless sloth, commission stealing, double dipping, thieves are quite happy with the association as most likely they are paid on either a commission basis or their salary depends on the affiliate revenue generated.

That said when we demand that an AM remove these parasites from their program, we have to realize we are most likely asking them to take a cut in pay. I say SO WHAT! These AM's should not be in the business as they are IMO thieves, stealing from their employer by taking higher commissions, bonus's, higher salary et.. based on affiliate performance that should not be there since they are monitizing the free SE traffic, type ins, or advertising the merchant already paid for.

When one of these AM's drops an parasite, what does he/she say to his employer when the affiliate income stats decline.

AM: Oh yeah we terminated parasite #1 that is why we have a decline in affiliate sales.
    Employer: Why did you do that?
    AM: They were collecting commissions on our free SE traffic, type ins, and advertising you already paid for.
    Employer: How long has this been going on?
    AM: Well you see Ah.... ever since we started the affiliate program.
    Employer: Since the be.... GET THE F$%^ Out YOUR FIRED!

We have to go above the AM's, right to the CEO.

@ Amanda: I wish ALL AM's were like you!

Andy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Andy said:
    @ Amanda: I wish ALL AM's were like you! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Andy! Flattery will get you everywhere!
    [size=2]Amanda Moralis
    The Eastwood Company
    [email="affiliates@eastwood.com"]affiliates AT eastwood.com[/email]
    [url="http://www.eastwood.com/jump.jsp?itemID=34&itemType=CONTENT"]Sign-up Link[/url]
    [/size]

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread