Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    Two of the sites that I have are focused on weight management. Had them for about 2 years so I kind of know where I should be each month.

For the first 8 days of the month I kicked big A. Sales were about 14 x's what they were last year at this time. Since then I have had only 1 sale.

If you have a WM site are you still seeing a the sales that should be here at this time or are you like me and dropped?

I did a bit of tweaking to the sites but nothing that should have made it drop off like it did.

I am perplexed

I'm seeing the same... as you
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

ABW Ambassador
    Same traffic during those first 8 days as the last few?

"I did a bit of tweaking to the sites but nothing that should have made it drop off like it did."

When was this tweaking done? At about the time of the dropoff?

didn't the new google update kick in around then? is most of your traffic via se rankings?

I can pinpoint the dropoff in both traffic and sales to my diets site. 11-17.

I expected a dropoff during the holiday season, but didn't expect to see Jan start off so slowly.

It's early yet. Maybe the shoppers are still hung over.

Frank
    "Just the facts, Ma'am." Sgt. Joe Friday, Dragnet

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    I am glad that so far no one has said that their sales are better then ever right now.

I have not had a January that you didn't see at least a few sales every day.

When I got nothing on the 9th & 10th I added more "content" and useful articles to my main site hoping to keep those who visit a bit longer but they are still not purchasing.

My traffic has kept up (even though the last google dance through me in the crapper)and my visitors are checking out more pages per visit.

Today with only 3 sales, I would normally be depressed but I am happy to get those.

The odd thing is that last year every time you visited Yahoo, Google, MSN or any of those you got bombarded with some type of weight management banner. This year I have only seen a few. I had thought that the banners and ads would be taking sales away but it seems that by not seeing all the ads it's not on as many minds as before.

I also saw sales drop dramatically after 9/11 and perhaps the devistation after the tsunami has prompted people to donate their extra money to a good cause. If so, I'm all for it and would gladly see a decrease in sales. I'll just have to watch and see.

Luckily late last year I had branched out to other programs, so at least I don't have all my eggs in one basket.

Thanks for your attention, you guys rule!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Fat folks must be in denial and made a New Years resolutuion to gain weight.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I just saw on the local news how the gyms users are now getting back to pre Xmas levels.

New years resolutions don't last long.
    I would suspect the peak interest in weight programs, stop smoking, etc, etc, drop off pretty quick about now.
    I have some stuff on my site for things like this, but I haven't done more since it would seem to have a very small window of opportunity, especially if like myself, it is on a site that isn't already focusing on such things.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    Fat folks must be in denial and made a New Years resolutuion to gain weight. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did Charlie see me making more Christmas cookies yesterday or what?

(Actually I made a resolution when I was about 12. It was "no more making New Year's resolutions" and I've stayed with that, too!)
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread