I run a popular download website and get 30,000+ visitors daily and 10X that many impressions and actual downloads. I've turned down numerous requests for inclusions of spyware in my downloads, 30,000 x $0.12 daily is a lot of $$$, I have the "power" to say no and feel no need to "shower" unlike some

I received another email today (actually two) from Zango AKA 180Solutions,

"I represent Zango.com, www.zango.com. Zango currently has an alexa ranking of 1000 and is rapidly growing. I think your site and services would be a good fit for our partner showcase on Zango.com. If you’re open to it, I would like to discuss any banner or link exchanges with you and / or your network of sites. We can provide you with strategic placement of your site, in exchange for Zango sponsorship on some of your free content. Take a look at how we’ve some of our existing partners attribution:"

The link they are referring to lists websites currently "adwhoring" their application, feel free to email the websites listed.

What made me laugh was the animated gif at the bottom of the page

"Privacy Pledge, No Hiding, No Spying, No Sharing"

http://zango.com/sites/

Kudos JJ...

People of integrity are few and far between in this business...

If you’re a chick I want to give you a big sloppy kiss...
    If you’re a guy... I want to shake your hand big fella’...

Bob
    <Font size="1" color="99000">Never doubt anybody's word for anything... but... Always double check everything... - Grandpa</font>

Kudos JJ! It just shows that not all weak on temptation!

Thank you!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JJJay:
    30,000 x $0.12 daily is a lot of $$$http://zango.com/sites/ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats impressive...

Well done.. that's when you can really tell if you're ethical or not, when it comes down to serious $$$$.

Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

ABW Ambassador

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    Looks like the devil won't get your soul.

Way to go, & remember instant karma's gunna get you.

Excellent example to set! Congrats JJ on your decision. Not too many people can resist the $$$ temptation. This shows we still have people with moral values.

Keep it up God will reward you in another way.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Great to hear that JJ.

Yesterday I was over at a neighbors house trying to remove all the freaking Zango, Casalmedia, 180, you name it. They have teenagers and this is about the 4th time I remove all this junk from their computer.

As much as I explain they still do not get it not to download or click on those pop-ups, but the major problem that they have is that they use AOL and even after I cleaned it and logged back in, AOL ads still keep showing and these poor teenagers haven't got a chance.

I congratulate you for taking a stance.

JJJay,

Thanks for doing the right thing! In these days of Google updates that make your site disappear overnight, the temptation to give in to quick money makers can be strong. Just remember in the long run, you're always better off doing the right thing.

You've set a high standard for other webmasters to match.

Andy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JJJay:
    feel no need to "shower" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    PS : I do shower by the way, but not because of moral issues, mainly because of hygiene issues The parasite issue might be heating up even more now that MS have released their beta spyware-washer. I'm not sure how many other webmasters Zango have contacted but I'm sure they are doubling their effort to infect as many machines as possible now that there is the threat of the new MS spyware-washer.

I find it fascinating that 180 continues to recruit partners by unsolicited commercial email, clearly prewritten form letters.

See http://www.benedelman.org/spyware/18...ion.html#email for some other lucky recipients -- including even open source developers invited to bundle 180 software with their open source (generally non-Windows) code!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    For those not familiar with n-Case/Zango from 180Solutions you need to read ... http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/nCase.html How this piece of crap can possibly pass the network's smell test is beyond me. These wanks have broken every network TOS and all LS addendiums for 2 years strait. I'm sure they steal a million $$$ per month from all the network merchants and rumor has it their salesreps and PR folks all have STD's. Be sure to dip your hands in peroxide and take a flea bath if you shake hands with anyone associated with 180Solutions.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread