Good ways for Office Worker to Exercise?
    I feel really tired recently and don't really want to eat, I thought it was due to lack of exercises, but as a 9 to 5 office worker, I don't have enough time to go to gym or jogging every day. So I wonder whether you guys can tell me ways to exercise at home or even in office. Thanks!

I hear ya! I stopped regularly exercising for a long time & was in a situation recently where I had to walk 5 miles back to home. Instead of being exhausted, I felt better than I had in a long time. Duh!

I highly recommend "The Miracle 7" by John E. Peterson & "Qi Gong for Beginners" by Chris Pei. There's 8 routines I'm beginning to learn.

Both are great ways to exercise/energize yourself + reduce stress no matter where you are.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

There are a bunch of people in my office that work the staircase for 30 minutes a day. We're in a 9 floor office building, so that's a pretty good workout.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Everyone has time to workout at least 30 minutes a day. You have early morning, evening, lunch. My wife got me to go to the gym at 5:30 so we could be home in time to get the kids off to school. That's when we both worked outside of the house. Now we take mid mornings or early evening for walks. I am getting my bike tuned up for lunch rides.

Affiliate Manager Government Auctions AM's Avatar
    Whenever I feel tired at the office, I go for a short walk for a change of scenery and some fresh air. Going up and down stairs is actually a great idea!
    Last edited by Government Auctions AM; July 13th, 2011 at 05:24 PM. Reason: typo
    Steven Shnayder
    [B][URL="http://www.governmentauctions.org"]GovernmentAuctions.org®[/URL][/B]
    Join us on [URL="https://signup.cj.com/member/brandedPublisherSignUp.do?air_refmerchantid=2932365"]CJ[/URL] [URL="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=10834"]SAS[/URL] [URL="http://www.governmentauctions.org/home/partners.asp"]ClickBank[/URL] [URL="http://twitter.com/GAORGAFFILIATES"]@GAorgAffiliates[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by StoneWilson View Post
    I feel really tired recently and don't really want to eat, I thought it was due to lack of exercises, but as a 9 to 5 office worker, I don't have enough time to go to gym or jogging every day. So I wonder whether you guys can tell me ways to exercise at home or even in office. Thanks!
    The feeling of being tired and lack of appetite is dominant for individuals who lacks enough sleep and rest. This doesn't mean that if you are able to sleep early in the evening and wakes late in the morning then you have enough rest. NO! You have enough sleep but not rest. Sometimes sleeping too much makes you restless and so with lack of sleep. Adding to that is stress.

Exercise helps you burn some extra energy called fats and by doing so, it will create a feeling of being unwind from stress. Thus, less stress more rest..

Quote Originally Posted by StoneWilson View Post
    There are so many things you can do to improve fitness but they can be summarised into 4 categories.

1. A balanced diet (diet does not mean denying yourself food)
    2. Regular exercise
    3. Keep hydrated
    4. A good nights sleep (almost guaranteed if you get plenty of exercise)

Do not sit at your desk all day without regular breaks, take a walk lunchtimes, use the stairs, park half a mile from your office, do not eat lunch at your desk.

So many simple exercise routines you can do, rigorous gardening, hoovering (yup expectable even to alpha males), walking to the supermarket and back, and so on.

I would also suggest some weight bearing exercise as that builds bone density.

Let common sense prevail and you can easily lead a healthy life.

Smile
    Just want to add that DISCIPLINE plays a vital role in achieving all of this. Pay attention to your bad (eating/exercise) habits and replace it with good ones. A simple walk around a park nearest your working/living place for 30 mins before or after office hours can be beneficial to your health and wellness.

Cool
    Most of the people who do 9-5 job think that they don't have time to go to a gym or exercise regularly on daily basis. It is just the thinking that we need to change if we need to stay fit and healthy. You can easily take 30-40 minutes after your office and do some basic exercise like running , jumping , stretching and more. If you do these exercises for about 4-5 hours a week that would be enough. On weekends you can go for some swimming or something like that. It is not as difficult as we think for a 9-5 job person to take some time and do exercise, you just need to start it and everything will be fine after first couple of weeks.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread