Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I've been trying to download the software all morning, the link was broken but finally its working, link pasted below, this is not an affiliate link

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx

I guess this spells the end for Ad-Aware its kind, next week MS are offering a free anti-virus program, this news has already hit Norton/Symantec share prices Screw you Norton and your ad blocking software.

I just ran it and even tho' I don't use IE anymore it has found a bunch of 180solutions crap, do youself a favor and pass the word to your vistors.

found:

IncrediFind(Adware)
    WindUpdates(Browser Plug-in)
    GAIN(Adware)
    EUniverse Updater(Browser Hijacker)
    ATGames(Adware)
    ZeroPopUdBar(Adware)
    FavoriteMan(Browser Plug-in)
    IEPlugin(Spyware)
    Trojan.Downloader.TargetSavers(Trojan)
    eXat.BargainBuddy(Adware)
    Claria.DashBar(Toolbar)
    180search Assistant(Adware)

I just installed and ran the program, and it looks like it removed a buch of crapware that Ad-aware and Spybot SD couldn't find.

This could be a good news for us, if it does not flag affiliate network cookies or links the way Norton does. One thing at least Microsoft is trying to do something about all these BHO's hijackers, and hopefully they bundle it with their next version of IE or next windows service pack.

Does anybody think the networks just might start paying attention to us now about parasites since Microsoft is openly calling some of their biggest clients spyware and trying to eliminate them from peoples computers. One can only hope so.

Perhaps Symantec is going to get what they deserve. Wonder how they'll like having their income stream messed with???

Andy

Internet Cowboy
    This is GREAT news.
    I just ran it and it found all kinds of things, and I consider myself careful. I guess not careful enough.
    I have lots of affiliate cookies on my machine and it specifically said that it had no problem with any of my cookies, even though it found 14 items to remove.
    I also noticed as it was deleting these apps, it described them. Some of them even had in the description
    "...designed to redirect affiliatte commissions to another affiliate without your knowledge"

That is the best thing I have seen in a long time. I am adding a link to this script on the home page of ALL of my web sites and I encourage all of you to do the same. It will help us all!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by scohaz:

....I also noticed as it was deleting these apps, it described them. Some of them even had in the description
    "...designed to redirect affiliatte commissions to another affiliate without your knowledge"....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

omg! I didn't noticed this but this is the greatest thing that has happened since Andy Rodriquez sent me an email with the Abestweb link.

ABW Ambassador

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I also noticed as it was deleting these apps, it described them. Some of them even had in the description "...designed to redirect affiliatte commissions to another affiliate without your knowledge"
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hopefully this will be the beginning of the end for these thieves!

YOU GO, MICROSOFT!!!

Andy

Didn't really find anything, but an odd thing was it flagged an entire folder of my Favorites (listing each bookmark) as ezCyberSearch, or something to that effect. Not sure what's up there. But there's a handy little Always Ignore feature.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Some of the descriptions include:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>*** is an Internet Explorer BHO that detects visits to known sites and redirects them through a third-party server in order to take the affiliate fees. **** even steals the fees from other webmasters when you use their own links. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>*** installs itself in the Winsock layer of your computer and redirects visits to merchant sites in order to take the affiliate fees from them automatically without your knowledge. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Marking the day of great news! 01/06/05

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

Man Nova youre acting a little fruity....

Lets see what effect it will have. I can see big postings at BHO operator sites. "YOU CAN NOT REMOVE OUR SOFTWARE" we are licensed by you to steal! Don't you remember when you wanted free poop? You gotta take our poop if you want to play games for free. It was in the big line of crap we called our EULA.

Lets see how fast the BHO software writers come up with a delete for Microsofts new program.

That's it'

Happy Poop
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

15 years and counting
    Great news.
    Seems pretty powerful. Found WhenU.SaveNow on one of my computers and Kontiki (don't know who they are) on an other one after running other spyware software.
    MS should add it to their automatic Windows update download and keep it free.
    To recover their cost they can send an invoice to CJ and LinkShare who are still monetizing these thieves.

ABW Ambassador

Since I a came to know about AM this is the best news I have heard after ABW.

And it shows that MS is not painting all the affiliates with one wide brush, it does have respect for the honest affiliates.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I also noticed as it was deleting these apps, it described them. Some of them even had in the description "...designed to redirect affiliatte commissions to another affiliate without your knowledge"
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to forget Norton
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

ABW Ambassador
    It doesn't work with windows 98
    One more reason for getting a new computer especially after the crash I had a few days ago!
    Still working on restoring a lot of lost files.
    Cazzie

wow this is great I have finaly got rid of some very persistant spyware
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> 2005 The year the parasites are brought to Justice." We are not going to take it anymore! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look's very promising Poopie!

Edited to add:

Thank you very much Zoe, we meet in person I buy you a drink (if you consumed them. lol...)

I'm happy! No hormones today! Yippeee tutty fruitty!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>To recover their cost they can send an invoice to CJ and LinkShare who are still monetizing these thieves. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Crawford, Messer are you listening time to clean house boy's!

Only found one minor threat on my computer but it was one that Ad-Aware and Spybot never said anything about and I know that it's been on my computer for close to a year.

I loved the ease of using it and the detailed, easy to understand descriptions it gave. It's got my vote so far.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Told you guys about Giantsoftware and you can thank Mike Nash, VP of Microsoft, for trying it out before purchasing the company. I used to make some money selling their 3 applications as a reseller and affiliate. No more! They cancelled the affiliate program within a week of MS buyout.

Leave it to Microsoft to make the Betta only work with Win2000 on up. The shrinkwrap and download versions worked with Win98 and by default didn't whack the network cookies. It sure whacked ebates -Topmoxie -180Solutions and over 2600 othe affiliate creeps.

Hope the BHO's get the one-two punch this year. More anti-Adware/spyware downloads and federal legislation on infestation procedures and 3rd party bonding & escrow accounts for all "incent" cuts by the loyality/charity/cash back wanks.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zeus:
    and Kontiki (don't know who they are) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    It's something related to Gamespot's and CNET's download managers. Not sure if it's included in anything else, but it could be.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast