Parasiteware
    While all these suggestions are being considered....

What about overhauling the Parasiteware section? There's still a subforum for Kazaa for pete's sake!

Many of those other subforums haven't had posts in them for years (some more than 5-6 years). While there are still malicious programs out there today, I don't see the need for a subforum for every single one (especially the old, defunct ones). Even if there is still relevant information in those subforums, maybe picking out what IS pertinent and combining it all into a single forum. Alot of what I'm seeing is "then and there" stuff however (relevant to the time of posting). A ton of fat can be trimmed from that section as a whole.

That could also trim down the front page of the board a little.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

2. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    I was thinking along these lines as well.

Parasiteware doesn't scream "read me". I think the forum can be culled of sub-forums that do not correlate specifically to Parasiteware. Unethical Merchants could be it's own forum with a sub-forum for "Leaky Merchants", instead of being buried...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Have been thinking about that as well: ParasiteWare - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

With 1,705 threads I don't see how a newbie would be able to able to figure affiliates to screen if it were all in one lump forum. Let me talk with Matt about possibly using tags to list individual parasites.

As an industry policing effort its difficult for a merchant to wade through all of this. I am talking with a company about developing a service. Affiliate are just as bad off since they don't always know what merchants are using adware/toolbars that steal cookies. We need a modern SAAS solution that works.

I wasn't suggesting lumping everything together. As much as I hate stickies, maybe just a Parasiteware forum, with a sticky for each current parasite containing just the necessary. Yeah, I know that would be an undertaking to sort through it all.

Main forum could be Unethical Affiliates, Merchants and Malicious Software. Or Unethical Affiliate Marketing Practices, or something to unify it all. Three subforums to cover those 3 options.

Anyhoo.....for starters:

Claria - No longer exists (shut down October, 2008; site no longer exists)

e2Give - No longer exists (site no longer exists, lets put it that way)

Box Tops 4 Education, still exists as a site, not sure about anything else, but no activity in that subforum in 7 years (3 threads in 8 years).

SchoolCash - Site Doesnt Load, still owned by OneCause however. No activity in forum 5 years (2 threads in 6 years).

SchoolPop - Exists under the OneCause website now. (10 threads in 8 years, no activity in forum in almost 4 years)

Zango - Bankrupt in 2009 (site still exists, however). Main page says "closed community". Underlying site still exists (in Google). Pinball Publisher Network seems to have taken over much of what's left of it (but I have no clue about PPN). ZangoCash leads to PPN site. Ad Services leads to LeadImpact (PPN).

Purity Scan - purityscan.com, clickspring.net both no longer exist.(2 threads in 8 years, no activity in 6 years).

CommissionMaker - Site no longer exists, redirects to godaddy.com. (2 threads, both over 8 years old).

Keyword Media - keywordmediainc.com seems to have gone away and been re-registered last year by DynDNS.

PointsPassport - .com seems dead. (4 threads, 8 years ago)

Kazaa - Subscription music service now.

WurldMedia - Just a random wordpress blog now.

On a side note:

HuntBar - Only 1 thread from 3 years ago. But while searching things about it on Google, still seems to be an issue (within a month).

6. Thanks From:

Working on these now... Will update when done.
    Matt Bidinger
    Online Community Engagement

Thank you MOBILEBADBOY - Your help sorting these out, enables me to mash the proper buttons to clean it up. If anyone else wants to suggest items in similar fashion, I will ensure the required maintenance takes place.

These forums have had all discussion threads moved into suspicious activity, and their dedicated subforums have been deleted:
    Claria
    e2give
    box tops 4 education
    Schoolcash
    SchoolPop
    zango
    purityscan
    CommissionMaker
    keyword media
    points passport
    kazaa
    wurldmedia

Have not been reviewed, commented on, or altered YET (Input/feedback needed):
    CouponMountain
    Aluria Software
    eBates
    Upromise
    iGive
    MyPoints
    HuntBar
    ShopatHomeSelect
    WhenU
    Ezula
    Search Engine Stuff
    Matt Bidinger
    Online Community Engagement

One Clause and Free Cause need to stay as subforums.

10. Thanks From:

Not a problem.

If I didn't mention it, it more than likely still exists (whether the basis for which they were initially targeted remains the same, I could not clarify (without registering, or downloading anything, etc). But I'm sure the remaining ones are business as usual.

You mentioned LeadImpact as a Pinball Pusher Network, this is an old thread, but does anyone know about their reputation now?

Would you not recommend working with them? I was considering a CPA deal, which as far as I know, is fairly safe as we know our average sale amount, and monitor the transactions to make sure we are not getting hit with suspiciously low amounts or purchases from shady places.

Chuck, do you have any experience with LeadImpact, particularly in the CPA model? Thanks!

I haven't run any CPA deals and have no experience with LeadImpact. You may want to check with Warrior Forum and Wicked Fire.

15. Thanks From:

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread