OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Design Your Homepage to Convert Forget Cool
    Tim Ash is a site conversion expert and regular speaker at conferences. One of my personal favorites as I worked with Multi Variant Testing (MVT) at my last day job where we moved conversion ahead 50% to 500%. Affiliates can't afford an MVT suite but there are basic things you can do to better leverage your traffic. A 1% conversion increase on a site converting at 3% is a 33% increase in sales for the same amount of traffic.

Here is what Tim has to say: Homepages often have multiple objectives. Everyone in your organization wants to pile stuff on your homepage: products, partnership announcements, press releases, job opportunities, marketing copy, positioning statements, special offers and welcome messages. But most importantly, it is often the first step a visitor takes on the way to a conversion action. So the single most important goal for your homepage is to get people to click off the homepage and on to their task.
    Read More:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Excellent article. He is saying a lot of things I strongly believe, especially about delivering your message directly, without all sorts of distractions and delays. Stuff like video, animation, music, slow-loading flash, etc. send visitors packing before the ever see what you have to offer or what they came there to buy.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I can't tell you how many merchant sites I see with no call to action and all the real info below the fold. If I am coming to a merchant site as a partner, to contact them or to learn about them I will find that information at the bottom of the page. Where it belongs. IMHO most sites are designed to feed someone's ego and not the shopper.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    IMHO most sites are designed to feed someone's ego and not the shopper.
    Exactly. They are homages to what they CAN do, not what they should do.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread