Making Affiliate Marketing FUN!
    I was thinking of doing a website for specific magazine targeted to young to middle aged women, but first want to hear some of your opinions. Do you think the magazine affiliate market is already to saturated?

Even if I did do it though....I was thinking...i would have to constantly be chaning the pictures of the magazine covers, because i don't know much about datafeed. If I did do this site...is it easy to setup a datafeed for let's say updating covers and such in dreamweaver...i bet that was a dumb question ! LOL

thanks

ABW Ambassador
    If you're referring to search engine listings, it doesn't have to be just magazines. Once a merchant issues a product feed, the saturation will be manifest within three days.

On the other hand, there are millions of supermarktes and newsstands each with thousands of magazines on their shelves. They wouldn't be there if nobody was buying. A "marketer" will find ways to expose their offers to these hundreds of millions of prospects, with or without the search engines.

Nudge nudge, wink wink.

Just like any industry there are a variety of competitors selling magazine subscriptions both on the merchant and affiliate side of things, however there is still plenty of room for more affiliates in the industry. To start earning commissions you can’t just setup a web site and wait for the checks to roll in. You have to bring visitors to your site, but you also have to decide why visitors will be buy from your rather than your competitor - What makes your site unique? Is your site clean, easy to navigate, and is your content concise and informative? Create an idea that will differentiate you from the competition: donate a portion of your earnings to charity, create a price comparison engine, create a cash back site (see ebates.com), etc. There is plenty of room for growth, if you know how to market your idea effectively. If there is a genre, niche, or target market out there then there is a magazine for it.

I agree with VG,

what most dont realize is, while there are many mag programs and lots of affiliates trying to sell mags..

the majority of all mags sold are sold by less then 100 companies/people..

so while it does seem like the market is saturated.. it's not really...

but that's OK... dont tell anyone... 'cuz I'm one of the 100...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread