Internet Cowboy
    What kind of experience have you had?
    Good? Bad? Otherwise?
    Thanks

Good.
    Video Marketing Success eBook -- co-written by webmarm

Been using them for months guess my secrets out of the bag now
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

ABW Ambassador
    Good. Found some nice merchants.

Just logged in and saw "Plastic surgery recovery products" Now there's a niche.

yeah its much faster and very organized!! i wonder if they will find a way to allow merchants to incorporate feeds next

well done kolimbo..now i can find that merchant i have been lookingn for, for so long

ABW Ambassador
    I hear good things and some interesting plans for the future.

Mackin

We do indeed have a lot planned for the future. I know there have been some questions over the years if we were ever going to be a true "network." We've always believed that the networks that charge transactional fees were charging the merchants too much for what they provided and that they had conflicts of interest (which have become obvious to everyone now). So we stuck with our private software model. We built software for merchants, fully customizable, low cost, and concentrated on customer service.

It finally occurred to us that we could afford to build a network but make it essentially free for everyone. This would also allow us to start serving affiliates in the same way we served merchants, with the ultimate goal of building everything that they wanted and offering it as inexpensively as possible.

Thus far, it has been very difficult combining hundreds of private programs, all in different versions, some with custom applications, spread out across dozens of servers, all in one network. But we've done it. Now the easy (and fun) part -- building all the tools we can to make it better than the guys who have been doing this for years. We are waiting to hear from you on exactly what you need to be better affiliates, please let us know.

As far as datafeeds go, we are about to release a datafeeds area in Kolimbo that will not only offer simple raw feeds, but a free storefront creator that is very cool. It allows you to run an entire storefront that contains products from multiple merchants if you like, and is fully searchable, all with a couple lines of JavaScript you put on your site. The store settings are stored on our end, which also allows us to show you statistics for each store. Not only will you see page loads and clicks for each store, but we will also store the search terms users type into the store and display those to you so you know what your site visitors are looking for. We'll also display the number of results they found, so you can get an idea of what you may need to add to your store or to your site -- maybe they are looking for something you don't yet offer, etc.

And one more feature -- if someone finds your site/store from a search engine, the store will track that as well and automatically convert that search term into an encoded subid in all the affiliate links in your store. That allows us to show you not only how many times a specific search term led a visitor to your site, but if they clicked on a link, and most importantly, if that click converted into a commission. In other words, you will see a report that shows you the search engine terms that led people to your store/site and how much money you made from the merchants you are promoting from those specific terms. If all goes well, we may even be able to use that information to deliver targeted affiliate links to your visitors based on what they were looking for when they found your site.

This SE/Sub ID technology is also built into to our "KBZones" -- similar to CJ's SmartZones, but ours auto-weigh the images in the zone to deliver the ones that have better click throughs more often. So if you use KBZone code on your site, it too will try and detect the SE term a visitor used to find your site and convert it into a subid for you.

Sorry for the long post and shameless self promotion...but we're very excited about these tools and the ones we have in the works. Our goal is to change the way networks are perceived, and to use our expertise in technology and customer service over the last 6 years to make them what they should be. Again, we encourage all of you to let us know what you want to see in areas of reporting or ease of use. We've offered our merchants custom programming since day 1 and can usually add new reports in 48-72 hours; we hope to offer similar turn around time in the network.

Jeff Doak
    CTO, KowaBunga!
    www.kolimbo.com

Question
    Hi Jeff:

They say that you only let the best looking affiliates join your affiliate programs. I am enclosing my picture in this post so that you can see for yourself just how good looking I am and that I am suitable for your programs. >>

When I visited your site I noticed that there is only one website that can be listed for affiliates.

I have more than one website. How is this handled on your affiliate application?

Thanks,

Burger Boy

Want to have a Burger eating contest.

ABW Ambassador
    One more enhancement that would really make a difference. Consolidated payments.

That way, we can confidently join all the merchants and try them out as we know we will get paid for all sales. All the $1 commissions from various merchants do add up.

It is very frustrating to get checks of such small amounts they are not worth banking in.

We're looking into consolidated payments, it's just much trickier in our case than LS or CJ because their system was designed to be centralized and ours is simply a system of hundreds of merchants to which we have added another layer of reporting/interface. If the merchants will agree to let us handle payments, we will do it.

We're also going to be updating the affiliate registration process over the next couple months, both to make it easier for newbies to get up and running and also to help merchants screen for fraud at the network level. Fraudulent affiliate activity has seen a very sharp rise lately, and though the more educated affiliate managers and merchants know how to spot it, we think it is the network's responsibility to catch it before it ever gets to them.

We're really looking for suggestions for reports -- we're willing to build just about anything that is possible, we just need to hear what you all need.

Jeff Doak
    CTO, KowaBunga!
    www.kolimbo.com

ABW Ambassador
    there ya go
    >screen for fraud at the network level

Have not heard of that concept since Orlando [happy face]

Hi Jeff,
    I recently swtiched all my links for a KB merchant to deep links, and my conversion rate plummeted. Are all merchants set up to track properly with deep linking?

webmarm -- Yes, they should be, but I'll hand check them for you if you email me at jeff_at_kowabunga.com and let me know your Kolimbo ID.

Jeff Doak
    CTO, KowaBunga!
    www.kolimbo.com

Talking
    Will do, Jeff. I have never,ever received a reply to my emails from the AM of the program, though I've received email from them.

BTW, kudos on offering options for lifetime commissions outside of cookie tracking, too.

My favorite thing about the Kolimbo interface is that I now only have one id number to memorize. It's a tradeoff having one email address going out to multiple merchants (I've had email addys that should have been securely safe with only the merchant compromised and spam start appearing), but so far it's worth it.

I would prefer the stats above the fold on the login page, personally.

I emailed you about your links, they look fine.

I do plan on redesigning the login page; right now we're trying to introduce as many merchants as we can upon login as we have so many new users each day, so that info has been given priority. We may just have that page show stats first for users who have logged in a few times already...

Jeff Doak
    CTO, KowaBunga!
    www.kolimbo.com

We may just have that page show stats first for users who have logged in a few times already...
    Sounds good to me!

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread