Geotargeting rotating ad script
    Does anyone know where I can find a script with an admin panel (online or desktop) that will give me the freedom to have ads show in geotargetted areas.

I need to feature nursing programs but my site is national and I need the relivant colleges to show up in the areas they service.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

(I would really love a desktop app)
    :kiss:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Text or Image?

Take a look at OpenX...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Text or Image?

Take a look at OpenX...
    Thanks, I would love to have both but if I could only choose one I would prefer text.

So do you have a subscription at openx? It looks like it could eat up my profits if I have lots of traffic. The way it reads is that I get charged for server usage but it does not give me prices.

Are you looking to simply show a block of geo targeted ads like a PPC ad network or ?

One of the biggest things you will run into is finding access to a good GEO dat file that has IPs, countries, and other demographics in it. Haven't seen any decent off the shelf / free programs that have that.

MaxMind does offer a free GEO dat file as well as a paid version - Paid is $370 for the site license and $90 per month...

Quote Originally Posted by 2sillycows View Post
    So do you have a subscription at openx?
    Do not. We have two separate ad servers. One for banners/images and the other for our PPC ad network. I have just seen quite a few sites using OpenX the past few years.

It's been years since we tested any free scripts. Our requirements were a little more robust. We serve 100's of thousands of banner ads and millions of text ads per month...

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Are you looking to simply show a block of geo targeted ads like a PPC ad network or ?

One of the biggest things you will run into is finding access to a good GEO dat file that has IPs, countries, and other demographics in it. Haven't seen any decent off the shelf / free programs that have that.

MaxMind does offer a free GEO dat file as well as a paid version - Paid is $370 for the site license and $90 per month...
    Nice! Well I just did another Goog search and found clippersoft. $48

I don't need very specific Geotargeting. I just don't want people in Newyork looking at colleges in the sidebar that are in California. I would be okay with 4 state blocks.

If a tool worked really well I do have capital but I am strict on how I use it.

adk2 ad-server
    You can try adk2 adserver. it is a free adserver that support all media type includes video.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread