Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    NFL 2011 Season Thread
    Just 2 weeks till preseason

Just trying to keep up with all the moving around.

McNabb to the Vikings. I still think he's got some game in him. They're going to be tough.

Packers going to be even stronger, that's scary. One of the most injury riddled teams last year, lots of starters were out.

Falcons, my team, gave up the draft for one player. Not sure what they're doing yet in free agency.

Jets, looks like they're making some good moves. Going to be tough again.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    The LA City Council is busy giving away the city coffers to that scumwad Philip Anschutz for his promises to 1. Tear down the Convention center and rebuild it a block away so he can build a stadium a block closer to Staples Center, and 2. Steal an NFL team from another city to play in said stadium. I had season seats for the entire 14 year existence of the LA Raiders, and after the first year of withdrawal, I have gotten more and more apathetic about it. LA should not be losing one red cent on a football stadium when horrible cuts to necessary services are being made and we should not be part of a conspiracy to rob another community of its team. LA should be at the top of the list for the next expansion team - whenever that may be - but should not steal an existing team. And we certainly do not need the Chargers with their miserable ownership and the worst coach in the NFL.

[end rant - back to work on post Ca Tax Passage Apocalypse rebuilding]
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I'm pumped! It's optimism season for Browns football!

Not looking forward to opening day though, its all downhill from there...
    Matt Bidinger
    Online Community Engagement

ABW Ambassador
    Hey, you play the Bengals twice, so you're bound to win at least one of those. I think Colt McCoy is going to surprise some people. I think he'll wind up being a pretty decent QB for you guys.

Right now I'm seeing if the Jets can pick up Nnamdi Asomugha. Revis and him in the backfield, that's going to be something.

I'm actually hoping to catch some Lions games this year. Ndamukong Suh and their already good D plus picking up Nick Fairly from Auburn. They're going to cause havoc, will be fun to watch.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Well, then there's the Broncos. In talks to trade Orton - somewhere; leaving us with the wonder boy Tim Tebow. Oh yeah, he hasn't done a dang thing in the NFL and he's pretty much being heralded as the next John Elway.

<sigh>...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Well, then there's the Broncos. In talks to trade Orton - somewhere; leaving us with the wonder boy Tim Tebow. Oh yeah, he hasn't done a dang thing in the NFL and he's pretty much being heralded as the next John Elway.

<sigh>...
    Looks like Orton might be headed to the Dolphins. I don't hold up too much hope for wonder boy, think he'll wind up getting crushed if he tries to run like he did in college. He's a pretty big dude himself, but this is the NFL. Not sure he can learn how to be an NFL style quarterback. Should be a fun year.

If you happen to be on Twitter, just follow this guy for all the NFL stuff - http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    Never did expect much from Tebow, hes a college QB, not NFL. As for Colt McCoy, I think he'll be pretty decent some day. Watching to see what Sam Bradford does this year, now that boy is going places.

So excited to be looking forward to the NFL season and my Steelers.
    Cindy Ballard, VP of Operations, Greg Hoffman Consulting
    Follow Me on Twitter @cingroomer
    My blog, www.oldfartlife.com

My KC Chiefs made some good draft deals, and are coming off a really good season last year. Hoping for good things, though their schedule looks a bit tougher than last year. No guts no glory, I guess.

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    Looks like Orton might be headed to the Dolphins. I don't hold up too much hope for wonder boy, think he'll wind up getting crushed if he tries to run like he did in college. He's a pretty big dude himself, but this is the NFL. Not sure he can learn how to be an NFL style quarterback. Should be a fun year.

If you happen to be on Twitter, just follow this guy for all the NFL stuff - Adam Schefter (AdamSchefter) on Twitter
    Tebow tried running in pre-season. In fact that's all he did. Ended up getting squashed resulting in an injury the Broncos tried to downplay.

Adam Schefter is great. He's often on 850KOA radio in the afternoons as a guest on the afternoon show. Gotta love streaming radio! Pretty good sports show on from 3-7PM.

The Dave Logan Show - NewsRadio 850 KOA | Broncos Radio | Rockies Radio
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

New Orleans Saints' Reggie Bush agrees to contract with Miami Dolphins
    The Dolphins finalized a trade for Bush on Thursday by negotiating a new two-year contract for nearly $10 million with him, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter Thursday.

The Saints will acquire safety Jonathon Amaya from Miami as part of the deal, according to a source. Amaya played 10 games as a backup for the Dolphins as a rookie last season.
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/s...ns-source-says

Arizona Cardinals complete trade for Philadelphia Eagles' Kevin Kolb
    The Arizona Cardinals have completed their deal with the Philadelphia Eagles to get quarterback Kevin Kolb, sources told ESPN.com senior NFL writer John Clayton.

Kolb will get a contract extension of five years for $63 million, with more than $22 million guaranteed. Kolb will be under contract for six years.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/68...lb-sources-say

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Ocho to the Patriots. Could be a great move for the Patriots.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshiner View Post
    Just the opposite - disaster for them. He will not last the season. Do not understand what the Pats are doing, first Albert Haynesworth and how him? Sounds almost like they are acting out of desperation. Haynesworh at least fills a need; with young talented w/receivers Julian Edelman, Matthew Slater, and Brandon Tate plus great young TEs Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez, they do not need a lunatic like johnson.

New Orleans will be a much better team without bush, but the biggest winner so far is Arizona.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    I was just about to post this. I think Beli made some nice moves again.

If Albert plays like he did with the Titans, then nice pickup.

Ocho, not worried about. Look what happened with Moss, he flourished in that system. I think it's a very tight knit group, they respect the coach and Tom Brady and will fall in line. Ocho wants that ring, will probably work extra hard, probably have one of his best seasons.

I agree Trust. He does have a mouth on him, but hes also got talent...and hes very competitive and wants that ring, so I think he'll stay in line.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshiner View Post
    Pats = Ocho and Haynesworht in one day! They will be tough to beat.
    Dolphins add Reggie Bush.

What a day!

It's been a whirl wind of an offseason for me. My big excitement came as it was announced that my hometown of WPG is returning to the NHL.
    Just when I thought I would have to wait until NHL season to get excited for sports, this wonderful week happened and we now have the craziest offseason in NFL history.

It's great to see my Vikes doing something and good to get rid of the inept Jakson and the unhealthy (One season wonder) Rice. What's Seattle doing throwing money at a mediocre and unsuccesful QB and a WR that has had one good year?
    Prior to Favre entering the picture 2 years ago, Rice had to prove himself or be out of the picture. He had one good year and then elected to have surgery prior to training camp (B/C the Vikes wouldn't reowrk his contract).

Seattle is smoking something. They paid 26 million for trash!

Trust: Are you setting up a Pick Em league again this year?
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Trust: Are you setting up a Pick Em league again this year?
    If there is interest in it, I can get one going again.

I'd be in for some Pickem.
    J. Duffield Affiliate Manager at Snow Consulting
    Let's Connect-PassTheSEO|#GSEG|Twitter|LinkedIn|Blog "Knowledge is Power."

"If there is interest in it, I can get one going again. "

Uh oh.....will have to start paying more attention now lol but I'm up for making you guys shake in your booties
    Just kidding

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by purplebear View Post
    Uh oh.....will have to start paying more attention now lol but I'm up for making you guys shake in your booties
    Just kidding
    LOL - Go get'em purplebear!

ABW Ambassador

Just kidding
    uh oh, you ain't kidding, you ain't foolin me this time I will set it up then. Linky - http://www.abestweb.com/forums/abw-s...-a-147501.html
    Last edited by Trust; August 4th, 2011 at 10:43 PM.

ABW Ambassador

Just kidding
    Speaking of which, I've heard the term Dream Team associated with your Philly Eagles. They picked up some nice players, will see if they play well together.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    Speaking of which, I've heard the term Dream Team associated with your Philly Eagles. They picked up some nice players, will see if they play well together.
    Let's not rush things. According to Andy Reid they're not a dream team

"LOL - Go get'em purplebear! "
    and
    "uh oh, you ain't kidding, you ain't foolin me this time I will set it up then. "

hee, hee

Dream team - ummm yet to be determined. Am sure having all that cornerback talent is very nice, tho Not sure if they're gonna do some moving around or get rid of one. Heard other day their defensive tackle tore his achilles tendon. That's definitely not good.

Think it probably made the news? You heard about the guy Patterson who suffered the seizure at practice camp? That was pretty scary and they're talking as if might not be back this year or next. Actually know a lil about what he has cos my sil has it but not in her brain (which is the really scary place to have it) Not positive but think the best doc in country who treats it is in Philly but would think if he's not able to come back that will really hurt the team.

Not gonna go into discussion of him cos has already been done. Would like to see the team do well for my hubby but at same time Vick not do well. (uhh not sure that's possible lol) Realize he did his time (altho think if justice was done he'd never get outa jail) and am probably one of the most forgiving people on the planet but everytime I look at him I think of what he did I love animals and just can't warm up to him.

Should be interesting season tho and definitely glad it's back. Gonna go sign up now

ABW Ambassador
    See that's what I'm talking about. Cute little bear with all the purple, seems harmless, nothing to worry about. And there you are, all up in the injury reports and stuff. Probably have a second monitor hooked up, dedicated to the spreads, las vegas odds

Yeah, got an interesting team. Vick at the end of last season started to get hit a little more often than he likes. Will see if he can last the whole season, then you have Vince Young backing him up. Not a fan of him.

Preseason starts next Thursday, wonder if they'll play the starters a little more this year because of everything that's gone down.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast