Hey...We are debating whether to "post" our Partner's commission amounts for the month in our Resource Center OR in our Partner's newsletters...ONLY viewed by OUR Partners!! (sort of a "motivator" to others) Would YOU, as an affiliate be opposed to this and why?

I DO know that some Programs already do this. And HEY....we're SUPER proud of the amounts that SOME of our Partners earn! As an example, for checks sent out last month (12/01) ....one of the checks was for $4,000+....and this wasn't the highest. I didn't want to put the highest, lest you all think I am "struttin' feathers"!! But I DO think that's a bit impressive!

Now, being in the travel field, YES our numbers are lower than prior Sept 11th on average...BUT they are growing AGAIN ....thank goodness!

And we're thinking that showing some of our Partners the REAL numbers will help encourage them!! Let them KNOW that it's coming back...AND they CAN do it too!

So..what's the deal?? Would YOU want your earnings posted (AND YES, of course it would be anonymous!!) ...or would it offend you? Also...IF you weren't at that level...would it inspire you OR get you depressed??? We do NOT want that!!

Thanks for the insights as usual!!
    Sara

ABW Ambassador
    If I were one of your top earners, I'd consider it a betrayal if you sent a parade of other affiliates to visit my site seeking "inspiration." I imagine most affiliates would be sufficiently inspired by something like a list of dollar amounts earned, but NOT with any identifiable information about who earned what.

My 2ยข worth ...

Elisabeth Archambault

I agree, I wouldn't want my site name listed.

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: Spiderman ]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Like Elisabeth said.

I'm with Elizabeth!

ABW Ambassador
    What Elisabeth said. Only nastier. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    I've been posting the top ten amounts earned (without the name of the affiliate - just the dollar amounts) from the start of my program.

I'd definitely caution against posting names with the figures because of the privacy issues, but also because you're effectively putting out a target list for your competitors to poach.

Trvlgrl,

I personally would not want my commissions posted.

But, if I were you, I'd contact your top affiliates and ask their permission before posting their sites. If they don't want their sites posted, just post the dollar amounts and nothing more.

-Joey

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread