New look to the Popshops website/interface!
    Wow, what does everyone think about the redesigned Popshops website? Looks good so far as I explore the new look. The 3 columns on the right in the dashboard (active, inactive, clicks) could be spaced apart a bit more or have a bit more breathing room (just my opinion). Or resizable columns would be great. When you have a long merchant name (like 'calendars.com & dogbreedstore.com') it's a lot in one column.

One thing I'm not crazy about is having to click to see what shop a particular product is in (when on the "manage products" page).

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Looks like both old and new versions of the dashboard exist. After editing one shop and using the 'dashboard' link to return, I was back at the old "look."

New Dashboard Version:
    PopShops.com

Old Dashboard Version:
    PopShops.com

...so take your pick!

ABW Ambassador
    Looks good. Would look better if I saw Amazon's full catalog in there

Have to make some pages later on, so will get a better idea.

4. Thanks From:

Getting very mixed results right now when I use the 'dashboard' link at the top of the page ... sometimes I end up at the old version and sometimes new.

No more old ... just getting the new version now.

Love it! Labels & the ability to apply multiple labels work better for me than folders. It would be great if you could add labels when you create a shop.

Yes, resizeable columns would be good, but only if they remained that way throughout a session.

All in all, a valuable update...thank you PopShops!
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Labels? Could you explain? I see nothing about labels but maybe that's only available on the more extensive plans. (?)

The "manage products" page is MUCH better today! You no longer have to click to see what shop a product appears in.

I would hate to accidentally click the "remove ALL products from shops" button on the Manage Merchants page. That's a scary thought.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, I think that's with the bigger plans. I have one of the others and don't see that but remember talk of folders and I guess labels.

Quote Originally Posted by joyaz View Post
    Labels? Could you explain? I see nothing about labels but maybe that's only available on the more extensive plans. (?)

I would hate to accidentally click the "remove ALL products from shops" button on the Manage Merchants page. That's a scary thought.
    Labels are available with the Enterprise plan. I agree, that button is a little too close to the "remove inactive products" for comfort.
    Renée

ABW Ambassador
    For the most part, I'm liking the updated changes that PopShops has made. It has taken a bit of getting use to for me. On the main dashboard, I can't seem to read the text as well but maybe I just need to have my eyes checked, it's been awhile.

I see the labels as being useful and will work with them more as time allows. Thanks PopShops!

Loving how you can remove all inactive products with just a few clicks (depending on how many merchants have inactives).

Just have to shut my cat out of my computer room so he doesn't jump on the keyboard & all products are accidentally deleted. And certainly, don't delete when I've had some !
    Renée

I noticed that the sorting by shop name in "manage products" isn't working. I can't get my shops to appear in alphabetical order.

Hmm, just checked (& all the other columns also)...not having that problem.
    Renée

JoyUnltd - do you have any spaces in any of your shop names? I do, and I'm wondering if that's part of my sorting issue. All other columns sort fine - just shop names has the issue. Guess I'll report to Popshops, but not a huge problem - just an observation.

ABW Ambassador
    Almost had a heart attack. Never used Manage Products before, sorted them by inactive first, hit that little box that checked them all on that page, hit Remove products, then I didn't see any at all. Was thinking when I hit that check box, it not only checked the products on that pages, but all of them. Then I refreshed a couple of times and all is good.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    Almost had a heart attack. Never used Manage Products before, sorted them by inactive first, hit that little box that checked them all on that page, hit Remove products, then I didn't see any at all. Was thinking when I hit that check box, it not only checked the products on that pages, but all of them. Then I refreshed a couple of times and all is good.
    ...glad all is good

I like the "Label" function, however, showing the actually label under each shop makes the shop list streched out way too long. It will be better to move the actual label to the right of the shop name. There are plenty of space between shop names and active/inactive product numbers. Just a thought.

18. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Don't know if this has anything to do with the recent changes, but I'm in there right now, updating some pages but it'll say Merchant (10) and when you click, they'll have 38 products or something. Nothing major.

Quote Originally Posted by joyaz View Post
    JoyUnltd - do you have any spaces in any of your shop names? I do, and I'm wondering if that's part of my sorting issue. All other columns sort fine - just shop names has the issue. Guess I'll report to Popshops, but not a huge problem - just an observation.
    I have spaces in all my shop names. I just noticed a couple shops that were out of order, but when I checked the name I noticed that there were several "double spaces" between words. I renamed a lot of the files way back when to reorganize them, guess I made some typos.

When I took out the extra space, everything alphabetized properly.

Trust: noticed that discrepancy also.
    Renée

Just FYI for others ... what I thought was alphabetical sorting by shop name is actually sorting by the NUMBER of shops that product appears in. No wonder I wasn't getting A-Z results. Silly me.

From Dan (the Man!):

"The '# Shops' column on the mange products page is actually sorting by the number of shops a product is in, not by the shop name. We will be getting a secondary sort in place that will take the shop name into account, but it will still primarily be sorting by the total number of shops a product is present in. This should be in place over the next several days."

22. Thanks From:

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread