Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    There ARE such plugins available. One for Magento:

"This module was developed to enable businesses to incorporate and benefit from the Exactor sales tax compliance service within their Magento shopping cart. Exactor presents a sales tax compliance module for (i) calculating sales tax within the e-commerce shopping process; and (ii) generating and filing sales tax returns in all US jurisdictions (state and local). This plug-in was developed to enable businesses to incorporate and benefit from the Exactor sales tax compliance service within their Magento shopping cart. "

For X-Cart from Exactor:

"Exactor presents a sales tax compliance module for (i) calculating sales tax within the e-commerce shopping process; and (ii) generating and filing sales tax returns in all US jurisdictions (state and local). This plug-in was developed to enable businesses to incorporate and benefit from the Exactor sales tax compliance service within their X-Cart shopping cart versions 4.3.2 pro and 4.4.0 pro.

The Exactor Sales Tax Compliance Service is a fully automated, end-to-end sales tax solution that helps businesses regain time lost to sales and use tax administration while minimizing risks associated with these taxes. The service provides a single solution that: (i) Calculates sales taxes in real time accurate to the street level addresses; (ii) Prepares and files tax returns on behalf of the merchant in ALL jurisdictions (state and local); (iii) Reduces costs associated with sales tax compliance efforts; (iv) Reduces processing and human error; and (iv) Reduces liability.

The Exactor Sales Tax Compliance Service is certified by state taxing agencies for its accuracy and reliability.

Once installed, the user does not need to perform any additional functions to obtain sales taxes. The taxes are calculated and seamlessly displayed in the X-Cart shopping cart, and because the shopping cart communicates with the Exactor System, the Exactor System generates tax returns without the merchant having to transfer data from one system to another."

2. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Eathan View Post
    BTW, we're not far South of you. If you're ever down this way, feel free to stop in and say hi.
    Would love to! Let's connect on PM...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I created a new thread for the plug-ins so we have an easy way to find them again, thanks AffiliateHound: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/affil...es-147455.html

Strapped states crave bigger online tax bite
    This article from Reuters makes the case for a federal sales tax but I still contend that the states will filter much of that money before it reaches the cities.

Strapped states crave bigger online tax bite
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; November 4th, 2011 at 12:46 AM.

Chuck, the Reuters article you've linked makes no mention of a federal sales tax. You've deliberately mischaracterized the issue -- again.

There is NOBODY suggesting a "federal sales tax" or "national sales tax," except opponents of current sales taxes who seek to confuse the issue. (This thread title, "Federal Sales Tax Bill Introduced," might be misunderstood by some, but the bill proposes a federal law to allow states to enforce their sales-tax laws, not to create a federal sales tax system. After being corrected multiple times, you continue to misstate the issue.)

You have repeatedly sought to re-frame discussions about sales-tax collections.

You seem to be the only person here actually suggesting that Congress might enact a federal sales tax (though some now believe you), or put its hands in the state sales-tax cookie jar, or require all states to charge a sales tax (three examples just from this discussion thread). Your "question" whether states sales tax revenues are fairly shared with localities is another "red herring" since it pertains to ALL sales tax collections.

You've repeatedly posted fake "questions," leveraging your position as administrator of ABW to confuse and redirect discussion away from genuine issues, thereby derailing legitimate discussions of issues that are critical to the future of affiliate marketing.

Sometimes, it looks like you're just recklessly throwing out half-baked ideas, but over time I've concluded that you're deliberately trying to mask your personal biases while redirecting discussions to push a specific personal agenda (one which is contrary to the best interests of ABW and the affiliate marketing industry). Your actions continue to push folks away from ABW.
    Last edited by markwelch; October 4th, 2011 at 12:05 PM.

I am not faking the question I am merely trying to stimulate the conversation. There has been no progress on the bill introduced in late July by Democratic Senator Dick Durbin that I have seen. Don't see that I am trying to steer anything away for the discussion. This was posted in the general tax discussion thread.

In your opinion what are the "legitimate discussions of issues that are critical to the future of affiliate marketing"?

You're not "stimulating discussion," except to the extent that you've provoked folks to redirect their energies to try (in vain) to correct your statements, which appear reckless but which I believe are deliberately intended to confuse the issues and derail legitimate discussions and discourage serious participation.

The critical issue for affiliate marketing is whether states will continue to assert that performance-based advertising relationships create "nexus" under the U. S. Supreme Court's Quill decision. We all understand that the "nexus" laws aren't about sales-tax collection: the actual effect of such laws is to end performance-based advertising relationships between out-of-state merchants and web publishers in those states, without increasing collection rates for the sales & use taxes.

In my view, discussions aimed at eliminating these unwise, ineffective, and unconstitutional laws are critical to the survival of performance-based advertising (affiliate marketing). Your persistent efforts to derail and misdirect those discussions are succeeding, by discouraging folks from continuing to participate.

I need to stop wasting my time and energy dealing with you, Chuck. Good-bye.

You're not "stimulating discussion," except to the extent that you've provoked folks to redirect their energies to try (in vain) to correct your statements, which appear reckless but which I believe are deliberately intended to confuse the issues and derail legitimate discussions and discourage serious participation.
    So by bringing current articles about states looking for a tax solution, in this case Oklahoma and Arkansas which have been outliers, I am being reckless. You know what, you are right, this is a waste of my energy so will focus on anything but the affiliate tax nexus. You win, its all your's Mark, you are the lawyer and better equipped to keep ABestWeb members informed. This forum (Affiliate Tax Laws) is now your responsibility.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    A new take on web sales tax collection
    October 13, 2011, 3:18 PM

A sales tax bill with bipartisan support was introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives yesterday, proposing a fast-track way for states to require online and catalog retailers to collect sales tax.

The bill exempts sales tax collection by retailers with less than $1 million in annual nationwide sales; for individual states, the exemption is based on having annual in-state sales of less than $100,000.
    Source: Legal/Regulatory - A new take on web sales tax collection - Internet Retailer

Again, NOT a Federal Sales Tax Bill, but a Sales Tax Bill introduced by the Federal Government.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

11. Thanks From:

13. Thanks From:

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    The Womack-Speier bill would require states to simplify the process for out-of-state retailers, including providing a single sales-tax rate, designating a single source for remitting sales taxes from out-of-state sales, and establishing uniform rules for what sales are taxable.
    That will prove beneficial but further clarity is required as to what shall constitute a single source.

One key difference at this point between the proposed Senate measure and the House bill would be that the Womack-Speier legislation includes a higher small-business exemption.
    Sounds good in theory, especially for Mom & Pop online stores. However would their exemption from the Bill still make them liable to other forms of State online taxation?

15. Thanks From:

There are 2 federal bills we support: H.R. 3179 “The Marketplace Equity Act” (Womack/Speier) and S. 1832, “the Marketplace Fairness Act” (Enzi/Alexander and Durbin). We are in massive fundraising mode so we can launch our DC campaign. It takes hiring our own lobbyists and building new coalitions. We're making progress, and we think we have a good chance. As a matter of fact, even our 'frienemies', Walmart, Target and BestBuy (who oppose us at the state level but we're on the same side in supporting the federal bills) feel that affiliate marketers are key to getting these passed in 2012. We won't have long, it's an election year, but we're going to give it our all.

Stay tuned!
    Rebecca Madigan
    Executive Director | Performance Marketing Association
    o: 805.445.9700 (PST)

18. Thanks From:

Thank you Rebecca for the update. ABestWeb will use its out reach to further bills that protect affiliate marketers. Let us know what else we can do.

Bloomberg article, nice to see some national attention: It’s Retailer vs. Retailer in Internet Sales Tax Push

The Marketplace Fairness Act, and similar legislation that attracted bipartisan support, died in 2012’s extraordinarily unproductive Congress, but Senator Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) on Wednesday announced plans to reintroduce it.
    I still contend that online merchants should charge and pay their local tax rate for all sales. Then let the states try to collect their share from the state it was paid to. It would encourage states to attract eCommerce merchants.

21. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    I still contend that online merchants should charge and pay their local tax rate for all sales. Then let the states try to collect their share from the state it was paid to. It would encourage states to attract eCommerce merchants.[/QUOTE]

The the five states with no sales tax would have an awful lot of ecommerce merchants...

Believe they are:

Alaska (allows localities to impose a 1% to 7% sales tax)
    Delaware (has a gross receipts tax as high as 2.07%)
    Montana
    New Hampshire
    Oregon

Next plan...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

23. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12