The Art of Communication
    This thread is intended to be a catch-all on what affiliates think are right or wrong ways to communicate with potential affiliates. To put it another way how do you as an affiliate think are right or wrong ways to communicate with you. How are you enticed to join a merchant or reject a merchant?

Recently I have had bizarre invitations to join programs. The most common is in CJ or LS in the form of term offers or private offers.

Itís extremely impersonal and there are times when the offer is so generic or is offered to the world. Some of these offers are automatically denied and only after Iíve contacted a merchant will they explain it was an error to deny my acceptance of an offer.

Recently a merchant sent me an offer to join their program. The offer that was sent to me was for a 0% commission with limited return days. I replied to the merchant (to be honest it wasnít the nicest email) and the merchant rudely replied back to me.

I understand itís extremely difficult to provide personal care when youíre reaching out to thousands of affiliates but affiliates arte increasingly scrutinizing their offers and merchants donít communicate with a professional or even welcoming attitude stand to lose out!
    Thatís my opinion, whatís yours.

ABW Ambassador
    "The offer that was sent to me was for a 0% commission with limited return days. I replied to the merchant (to be honest it wasn’t the nicest email) and the merchant rudely replied back to me."

Well, that probably wasn't the best way If it's 0%, it probably was a mistake somewhere, not intentional, after reading the other thread, that's what it was. It's going to happen sometimes.

The one thing I don't like is pushy. Or affiliate managers that drop you not too soon after you join for not getting active. Reminds me of this old thread - http://www.abestweb.com/forums/share...ime-58876.html

There are some affiliate managers that come off like they're talking to you like an employee, they just have a basic misunderstanding of how things work.

3. Thanks From:

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread