Daily Deals Widget and "area"
    I've been combining through documentation, and am hoping someone here knows the answer.

I'm trying to use the Daily Deal Widget for some sites in Los Angeles - however, I need to target these into the sub-locations / areas of san-fernando-valley and san-gabriel-valley.

Just using auto-detect won't work, as the person could be visiting and accessing the local site from another state. But I need to target the daily deal to the local city for the site.

I've tried everything I can think of in the widget to add the area parameter - is there something else to try?

If not, then can I make a feature request to add these sub-locations / areas to the widget generator in the future?

I'm going to have to go for a generic banner, but the actual daily deal will undoubtedly convert better.

Thanks.

Update: I left the widget in place, even though it's not targeted to the right sub location. I'm seeing better clicks, but no conversions - which is most probably because the city site needs that offer to be closer. For example on my Pasadena site, an offer in Santa Monica is just too far away.

Being able to add in the "area" of san-gabriel-valley, san-fernando-valley, or los-angeles will solve my problem on all my sites.

Is there any way to make this work on the Daily Deals widget?

Best,
    Barbara

Hi Barbara,
    Unfortunately no, the widget is built to pull the major markets from our API. However, you could probably build a similar tool, and have it pull from our "areas" field of the API? If you can't do that quite yet, Rick Gardiner, our tech guy, is actually working on a solution that could solve this for you. Stay tuned!
    best,
    Carolyn Tang Kmet
    AllInclusiveMarketing.com
    carolyn-at-allinclusivemarketing.com

Hi Carolyn,

Thank you. I looked at the API a bit, and was kind of dreading having to rebuild this when the widget is so close. I'll keep my fingers crossed that Rick comes up with a solution :-)

Best,
    Barbara

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread