Hi people!

I noticed Kays catalogue have started up as a merchant for both UK and worldwide. Taking a look at their sites I notice a lot of the kinds of things Amazon sell, but with no $10 cap. Commission is 6% UK and 8% worldwide.

The cookie duration is one day but they are planning on extending it to 10 soon. I also invited Sam the affiliate person to post here.

I

Never heard of them before, have you got an URL? Are they running a private program?

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Ah. Perhaps I should have mentioned.. They are a fairly well-known catalog company from the UK, and they are at CJ under two programs. It seems to be one of the better UK delivery offerings at the moment.

AFAIK there is Amazon uk that partnered with scumware for months, and has hardly anything it can deliver to the UK anyway, Boots the chemist with their breathtaking 4.5%, and (whoopee-doo) Argos with something around 3%.

Kays UK is 6% and internationally is 8%, so I'm giving them a try for a few months. They sell computers too. Not many, but its better than 2% commission elsewhere (that can't even do a UK delivery).

I

I joined them a little while ago,reaction was good, but sales weren't.

The only reasons I could find is their prices are in pounds, there is no currency convertor on the site.
    The shipping info is a little iffy, they charge 10 pounds, product will arrive when it arrives and they have the right to charge you more.

The have some wonderful fashions and I'd love to promote them more, but I'm a little hesitant because I feel an "international" shopping mall should have prices in US$, or at least a converter.
    Shipping charges and delivery dates should be more specific.
    Is this the reason ...don't know but sent clicks didn't resolve.

Interested to hear how others are doing with them, and the reaction they've experienced.
    It would be great if we have a rep here on the board.

Ah - you're right about the dollars.

And there are important cultural differences. I mean Americans think a 'jumper' is some kind of dress..

Then there are 'vests' and 'pants' [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img].

If no-one shows up soon here from Kays I'll send a link to this discussion.

I

I did email them just after I joined and queried a couple of issues, but didn't hear back.
    I do hope someone shows up [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Vests...what do they call them in the US?
    Could be why I'm not selling any, lol!

Ages ago I started to promote eiderdowns and doonas...until I received an email from someone asking what on earth was an eiderdown?

'Vests' are what Americans call 'jackets'. I've no idea what *they* call vests. Maybe its so warm they don't wear any.

I

ABW Ambassador
    In North American usage, a "vest" is a sleeveless garment for the upper torso. It is usually thought of as an outer layer, but it could be an undershirt too. Fabric can vary. The distinguishing feature is "sleevelessness".

Here's some examples of
    vests .

Now tell me, what's a doona???

Elisabeth Archambault

Yes that's a vest, sleeveless outergarment but an undershirt is usually called a singlet or a spencer.

A Doona is what you call a comforter, and a comforter here is something mothers shove in a baby's mouth to keep them quiet while they're teething [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-12-2002: Message edited by: mousejockey ]

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread