When do I start getting paid or see sales.
    Hello everyone, I am still new to this business, and will like to understand when you start getting paid, started about 2 months and getting some traffic. I only see clicks and impression, I wonder when will I start seeing buy or sale or payments.
    Thanks

What are you selling and what kind of site do you have?

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

My site is promoting a healthy life style.

ABW Ambassador
    Just not specific enough. How many clicks are you talking about? What merchant if you're ok to share? Healthy lifestyle can be ebook downloads, vitamins, workout equipment etc. The typical conversion rates for those items are usually different. I've seen people in the past that thought 20 clicks were a lot.

When do I start getting paid or see sales.
    Hi, sorry for not giving enough info. Network with linkshare, and going to more than a thousand clicks and over five thousand impressions, marketing vitamins, skincare products etc.

Thanks

I'm not sure how healthy life style products work; but we started out by promoting email submit offers and made our first sale and more after about half a year.

Hi Sam!

What promotional method have you done with your business site?

You are talking about a number of factors here -- how many impressions does it take to get a click; how many clicks does it take before you get a sale; what are the specifics of the merchant _and_ the network in terms of payment (i.e. you may make a sale that brings you a $10 commission but you may not get paid in the 30/60 day payment cycle as the network likely requires a minimum balance (usually something like $25 or $50) before they will pay (I personally think payment threshold minimums are a stupid policy, but that is a different story...).

When you say I'm seeing clicks and impressions that is really not enough data. How did these clicks happen? Are they coming from an article that was targeting the importance of a Vitamin D for skin complexion and natural wrinkle removal (making this up!!) and then a referral to recommended Vitamin D capsules on sale now? That's a really unpolished example - but the idea is how targeted are these clicks you are getting? Do you have a site that is providing unique analysis and content for people and 'preselling' them on the merits of a new liquid based formula for Vitamin D that is enhanced with smoothaufaceloprene? (again, made up example!)

Health/Lifestyle stuff is both a great area and a very competitive area. There might be some value in trying to be extra focused in order to tinker with the idea of facilitating targeting clicks. There are some good posts and discussions around this site on this topic so try your hand with the search feature. Lastly, the more you can do by way of understanding your visitors and their actions via analytics the better equipped you will be to build on areas of success.

All the best!!!!

9. Thanks From:

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread