Anyone done any co-branding?

I'm using Shareasale, I'd like to offer certain affiliates the ability to have their own header html instead of my black and blue stripes... I havn't tried, but I take it I can grab the affiliates id from the shareasale affiliate link and use that to know what header to display?

I'm using linux, but it has asp... I can't be bothered with mysql at this point, would I be able to store headers in a flat file .txt database?

I could give it a bash, but anyone done it before?

ABW Ambassador
    JLM,
    This doesn't answer your question, but I wanted to let you know there are many benefits to branding. I am a staunch support of co-branding, and it is a major factor in some of the programs we join. It is very unfortunate that DirectStuff turned out the way they did...their branding for coupons and Gift Certificates was great...

Tom Pyles

I've only made 4 product sales to two people, but based on the traffic I've paid for it's a good sales page I think, but...

I had thought about just having a co-branded header, that they could have to reflect their pages... but would you think that allowing them to wrap a header and footer completely round my content would be more beneficial so that my page was identical to theirs?

Dunno if I could get that co-branded effect onto the 2checkout pages, I can have custom headers and footers on there... but not sure how to get an affiliates html into it... probably possible...

My selling page, without my own header is very simple and would work good with the wrap around approach maybe... wadaya think... I'm happy to have no branding of my own if it makes an affiliate want to push me.

I think using asp I should be able to grab the affiliates ID and relate that to a file with html in it for the header... dunno how to do it but hopefully I'll figure it out... hey I'll post my findings here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Actually, just a header would be fine. With the likes of 2checkout, you can still include things like a menu, etc. We were able to make 2checkout look exactly like our site. I don't know much about pulling it with ASP (not my forte).

Yep, a hedaer would simpler to get working anyway... yep, I can see how to do that I think... getting the header bit to stay when the domain changes could be tricky... well I'll have to see if 2checkout allows extra parameters to be sent via the buy links...

So I need the affiliate id from the shareasale link, display appropriate header, include affiliate id in url when they leave my page for 2checkout's page to still display the affiliates header, hopefully it won't get lost when they go to the credit card payment bit after the cart page... could be done maybe, probably, I'll see [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread