Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fastest Way to Update Coupons/Promos on CJ
    Unless I am missing some major CJ update or new tool (which could be totally possible since I often reside in the twilight zone) finding and updating promos and coupons on CJ is painstakingly slow.

The CJ Portal showed promise, but not all merchants bother to use it, plus it still requires cutting and pasting one deal at a time.

How do you get your updates? Is there some incredible tool I am missing out on?? Is there something useful like an xml file or a cvs file?

Most all of the networks have something to help with updating. What does CJ have?

I guess I could go get the info. from their sister company, Coup.Mtn., but ..............
    Last edited by leeann; August 5th, 2011 at 08:58 AM.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Think I keep ya company in the twilight zone at times, too. lol Maybe somebody will chime in with some help but I'm not aware of anything.

I just do one coupon/offer at a time. (realize I'm a dinosaur and is not a very efficient method but am too teeny to afford the other paid options) I subscribe to the individual merchant program emails so some include them in there. Others post in the CJ mail system. Getting them thru the links area is terrible since sooooo many expired offers are still in it and as you know having to click the individual link's details before getting the link takes a bit of time.

Sad to say but those affiliate managers who send me emails with the links included in them with the coupon code (if there is one) with the start and end date for the offer are those who get the better placement and effort by me for their program on my sites. (also, periodically email those affiliate managers to tell them how much they're appreciated for doing this when sooooo many don't bother to do so)

For those programs or specific products that convert for me, I just log into CJ, choose the links in that section, click to find the details then get the links. The remaining, I get to when am able to do so.

3. Thanks From:

Come to think of it, since ValueClick does own CoupMtn why wouldn't their database be available to all CJ affiliates?
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

I hear ya purplebear. That is the exact same way I handle CJ merchants. The easiest and fastest to convert merchants with the correct info. get updated. The rest stand in line as I have the time. For CJ to be one of the "Big 3" you would think they would have something more useful.
    leeann

Well now I'm stuck on this cpnmtn idea. It would be so simple (for a company the size of CJ) to convert their sister-company's database to a useful tool for CJ affiliates.
    leeann

I saw an interview on Fox w/ the CEO of ValueClick. They were raving about the stock and how the company is debt free. Now I think I know how they got there -- instead of investing in useful tools they squander the money.
    leeann

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear View Post
    I just do one coupon/offer at a time. (realize I'm a dinosaur and is not a very efficient method but am too teeny to afford the other paid options) I subscribe to the individual merchant program emails so some include them in there. Others post in the CJ mail system. Getting them thru the links area is terrible since sooooo many expired offers are still in it and as you know having to click the individual link's details before getting the link takes a bit of time.

Sad to say but those affiliate managers who send me emails with the links included in them with the coupon code (if there is one) with the start and end date for the offer are those who get the better placement and effort by me for their program on my sites.
    I do the same thing. I thought I was the last Dinosaur left

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    The CJ Portal showed promise, but not all merchants bother to use it, plus it still requires cutting and pasting one deal at a time.
    Not aware that as a merchant we have a way of submitting to the portal other than tagging links as coupons.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Not aware that as a merchant we have a way of submitting to the portal other than tagging links as coupons.
    I'm not sure what this means, Chuck.
    leeann

The CJ Portal showed promise, but not all merchants bother to use it
    Not aware that merchants can post to the offers portal, not sure how that is used. We get an email that we can submit a weekly deal but they choose what gets offered. We can not offer the same offer twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Not aware that merchants can post to the offers portal, not sure how that is used. We get an email that we can submit a weekly deal but they choose what gets offered. We can not offer the same offer twice.
    I don't think we're talking about the same *place*. I'm referring to this:
    The Commission Junction Offer Portal Get Started

Merchants have multiple deals posted there and some choose to update each day.
    leeann

Checking with CJ on this, was my understanding that we had to submit to them and they decide which get posted. That may only be for the weekly offers email to publishers.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/998478-post2.html
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

The original topic was how difficult it is for publishers to update coupons with CJ. Can split off the thread to Commission Junction Offer Portal if this is not furthering the OP intent?

Here is the response on submitting from my CJ rep:
    To submit offers in the offer portal, there is a required login for CJ employees. All publishers can view and access the portal, either by the web address or the RSS feed, but advertisers must submit their offers to their CJ team. Another way to get offers uploaded into the offer portal is to mark your links in the interface as promotional (i.e., coupon, free shipping, etc), and they will also get submitted into the feed for the offer portal.

So - it's around a year later and basically nothing has changed at CJ as far as offering any kind of feed, even though they could easily provide one since Cpn.Mtn. obviously has one. I go back to my original thought that CJ hoards their profits instead of investing in useful tools for its affiliates.

They don't even have a system where promotions that are out of date discontinue showing up when you do searches using their link/advertiser tool.

Chuck - that is good information for merchants, but as an affiliate the info. doesn't help me much. But even if perhaps merchants see the the info., and use it, it still isn't a feed. Affiliates must log in, and cut/paste the offers. You can't even set it to display only deals from merchants that you are signed up with so it is basically an unfinished garbage of a tool that has been lurking around CJ for a few years.
    Last edited by leeann; August 10th, 2011 at 03:43 AM.
    leeann

I'll talk to the director and see if they have any plans. I agree its about three years behind.

Chuck, if you can get CJ to provide a promotions/coupon/free shipping, etc/, datafeed (something people have been asking for for literally years) then I would expect your next trick to be something along the lines of walking on water. I'm convinced they do now want to do it because of a conflict of interest w/ their sister company, Cpn.Mtn. But it wouldn't hurt to try...
    leeann

In the meantime I am going to just go to CJ's coupon site and swipe utilize the CJ merchant's promotional information. I mean that should be OK, right? It's all owned by the same company.
    leeann

Here's the response I got, let me know if this makes a difference:
    Promotional Link Data Transfer

Publishers who frequently search for promotional links in the network may prefer a more convenient way to stay informed of such links. Commission Junction's promotional link data feed enables publishers to receive a regularly scheduled report containing a list of available promotional links in the CJ Marketplace. The report lists all available links that advertisers (who have an active relationship with you) have designated as promotions, including most supported link types. Each listing provides hyperlinks that enable publishers to get HTML from their current advertisers, and to apply to any new programs that interest them. The initial feed includes all available promotional links in the network, and subsequent feeds can continue providing all available links or can be limited to the links that were added or modified since the previous feed.

For more information on promotional link data transfer, please contact Technical Support (TS) via the Ask a Question form from the Contact Support link.

Chuck, I was never able to get that feed. Is it new?
    leeann

I don't think so, if you want to contact me privately I can see if my CJ account team can help you get it working.

Why do they have that option hidden? Shouldnt that be a link inside the CJ Interface?

Sounds really helpful .. to bad its undercover!
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

"I do the same thing. I thought I was the last Dinosaur left "

Glad I'm not the only dinosaur lol

Didn't know this feature even existed. Except for AvantLink tho I don't use datafeeds since I don't know how to do them. After BurgerBoy's help I've been able to do AvantLink's.

Chuck, I appreciate the offer, but if it is something that is available I do not know why I (and every other affiliate) shouldn't know of it and be able to get it. If I have problems I'll certainly direct them to this thread.
    leeann

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast