AutoTrageting - Do Merchants Control Where Their Ads Are Displaye?
    I'e been using CJ's AutoTargeting (formerly CJX) for a few months now.
    Do was wondering if merchants control where their ads are being displayed?

A number of merchants who've denied my applicatiosn to join their programs on CJ display their ads on my site through AutoTrageting.

This annoys me. Their ads are good enough to be displayed on my site but I'm not worthy to be their affilaite?

I wish there was a way that I could de-select merchants from being displayed on my sites. I wouldn't alllow any merchant who denied my app to be displayed on my site.

I sincerely hope that CJ is smarter than just giving away some free advertising to their merchants at the expense of smaller affiliates.... So I hope that CJ is doing some more clever thing here, for example:

- even though you don't have pre-approved affiliate relationship here, CJ still tracks those CLICKS and SALES and DOES attribute it to YOUR publisher ID

- in case when SALE is made, merchant has no obligation to pay, but CJ would send a strong signal to merchant that NOW they'd better accept YOU as affiliate, b/c you HAVE made a sale already. Or, maybe even better, CJ automatically approves you as affiliate for that merchant, based on the fact of sale. And you would get commissions from that sale too.

In CJ, sometimes it is a tideous process to apply for merchant, wait for approval, select the offer / promo, etc. So I think they were trying to address this problem with Auto Targeting system. I hope everybody gets paid on EVERY sale made through Auto Targeting.

Also, it would be really nice to hear someone from CJ explaining how exactly Auto Targeting tracking works and will there be credits for not-yet-affiliated sales made through Auto Targeting ...

Good Question.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Wow -- I had no idea it could work that way. Talk about something that screams "foul"!!!!

I used CJX for a minute but their inventory was so pitiful I stopped.

6. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    I was invited last year(or early this year?) when they started to test their CJX beta. They specifically asked the testers not to share/ask questions publicly so I didn't come here to compare notes with others who might be invited as well.

My experience with them was not so good. Some questions I asked never get answered. One of my question was the payment structure, does it pay by click or pay by sales? The rep kept saying it is similar to Google AdSense. I only disply the codes on one of my site for about a week, the display ads was so random that they are irrelevant to my site, I don't like the look so I took the ads down.

Maybe they have improved now, but I haven't tested it since then.

They are still the same. I don't use them.

I put some AdSense banners on my sites as an experiment and I'm averaging $1.31 per click and making a lot of money from them and so far they haven't hurt my merchant sales, so it's extra money so for.
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; August 7th, 2011 at 07:26 PM.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

9. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
    the display ads was so random that they are irrelevant to my site, I don't like the look so I took the ads down.

Maybe they have improved now, but I haven't tested it since then.
    I agree but part of the problem could be the number of merchants who are part of this program. It's hard to render relevant ads if your advertiser pool is limited.

I still maintain my biggest issue is having merchants who have denied my aps being displayed on my site.

Secondary issues have to do with poor or limited reporting. What specific merchants and ads are the most successful?

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread