Advertiser several months behind on payments
    Hawaiian Airlines has not paid me for April May, June, or July. The terms are 35 days, so all of these payments except July are overdue. This amounts to over $2500 for me.

Hawaiian Airlines has not responded to my emails. I sent linkshare an email over a week ago and they said they will 'expedite the matter' with Hawaiian airlines and get back to me. Three days ago I sent them another email and they said they are waiting to hear from Hawaiian airlines.

What can I or should I do? thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; August 19th, 2011 at 11:21 PM.

@OP wait for Ranae, LS Moderator, to help you
    @truth422 Welcome to ABW. LinkShare has a Moderator here on ABW. Her name is Ranae. Hopefully, she will be at work on Monday and she will read your post. Possibly she can get your Ticket number from you and then she can investigate for you.

My belief is that the LinkShare Collections Department is trying, very hard, to get money from that Advertiser! If LinkShare (or CJ or ShareASale, etc.) does not get paid by the Advertisers (in your case, H.A.), they cannot pay the Publishers and they lose their commission too.

If Ranae does not reply by Wednesday (in case she is on vacation or something), you might call the toll free (within the USA) phone number for LS, but, probably, you are out of luck, until LinkShare is paid by H.A.

I try to limit myself to LS "Premium Advertisers", but in the Vertical you are in, there may not be enough Advertisers for you to choose from among that group.

If I were in your shoes, I would probably remove the Creative for H.A. from my web site(s) until they pay LS.

LS pays Publishers every week. Once or twice, they have paid me, the same day they show payment received from an Advertiser. Depending on the day of the week LS receives payments from Advertisers, you will be paid the same week or the next week.

If you are outside the USA, you can call the LS Toll Free phone number, on Skype, free. But, as I said, I would probably wait for Ranae to respond and for her to investigate what is going on, with the LS Collections Department. GL

Thank you Lanny, I appreciate your reply. I would love to hear from Ranae. I really don't want to take my Hawaiian Airlines links down. I will if I have to though.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; August 19th, 2011 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanny View Post
    I try to limit myself to LS "Premium Advertisers", but in the Vertical you are in, there may not be enough Advertisers for you to choose from among that group.
    Premium advertisers do not have to make timely payments to retain their status. This has happened to me & nothing has ever been done about it, despite communicating with both the advertiser & LS. My understanding is that a Premium Advertiser only has to pay on time once each quarter (or some such schedule) in order to maintain their premium standing.

P.S. There are also LS merchants without premium status who pay regular as clockwork. The only way to know is to join their program & see how they pay.
    Last edited by JoyUnltd; August 7th, 2011 at 12:59 PM. Reason: P.S.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

@JoyUnltd
    @JoyUnltd - Interesting comments, about LS Premium Advertisers! Thank you for the heads up! So far, I have been very lucky and my advertisers pay LS very well.

@OP I wonder if Hawaiian Airlines is in Bankruptcy (again?) ? You may want to check out their financial stats and then decide on whether or not you want to keep their creative on your web site(s). GL
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; August 19th, 2011 at 11:23 PM.

@OP H.A. is losing $
    @OP
    H.A. is losing $. On this URL, you can read about their Financial Results and then you will be better able to decide, whether or not you want to leave their creative on your web site(s) and take a chance on them eventually paying LS.

Hawaiian Airlines : Investor Relations : Press Releases

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi truth422,

I know our collections team is working with Hawaiian Airlines to get the funds that are due to publishers. I have followed up with them to see if they have any more information.

--Ranae

8. Thanks From:

At what point will LS expel HA from the network if they continue the practice of not paying LS?

Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator View Post
    Hi truth422,

I know our collections team is working with Hawaiian Airlines to get the funds that are due to publishers. I have followed up with them to see if they have any more information.

--Ranae
    It is good to know that you folks are pursuing this. Would you be so kind as to give an update here in this thread every 1-2 weeks?

Thanks much

Just an update here. No payment received by me and I have heard nothing from linkshare or hawaiian airlines.

No ones even saying "hawaiian airlines said this". No one's saying anything to me.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; August 19th, 2011 at 11:24 PM.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi truth422,

We are actively engaged with Hawaiian Airlines to retrieve the funds that are due to you. Unfortunately, I don't have specific information on how far along we are in the process.

--Ranae

Thanks for the reply, although I hope you can understand that it doesn't make me feel any better.

Renae,
    I'll ask this again. At what point will LS say enough is enough. I do believe that at some point networks need to send a message to merchants that affiliates are important partners to networks. Company's who don't pay their obligations do NOT belong in affiliate marketing.

I know that there may be some reasons why HA is being allowed to continue this practicce and everyone is presumed innocent until proven otherwise.

It's really fustrating to affiliates who feel powerless sometimes. We work hard to promote our merchants and all we ask is that they fulfill theior obligations.
    Many affiliates do not have resources to sue merchants and the networks should do their part in rectifying these situations.

Honestly, I don't know if I would want them expelled from the network. If they will eventually pay, eventually is better than never. No one else offers what they do, and it's not like I can just slip someone else in their slot. If they go, that just leaves a gaping hole in my income stream.

If they don't ever pay, I will sue them for the money owed if I can. If they declare bankruptcy, then I won't ever see my money. But I know that, and I am still, at this point, choosing to run their ads.

However, I have done what I can to put other ads in front of theirs.

I think it would be better to take them down to some sort of lower status - like when they are behind on payments they can't accept new affiliates and all current affiliates are brazenly told "Hawaiian airlines is behind on payments and this is what they say their status is - it's your choice whether to keep their ads up or not"

It also would be really nice to get some transparency here - both from Hawaiian airlines and from linkshare. Instead of Hawaiian airlines just not responding to my emails, they could tell me "we havn't made money for 6 months so we can't pay you. We will, though, as soon as X happens."
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; August 19th, 2011 at 11:25 PM.

@OP be thankful you were not working directly with HA
    Quote Originally Posted by truth422 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, although I hope you can understand that it doesn't make me feel any better.
    @OP I believe you should be *very* thankful, that you were not working directly with HA and that you have LS in the middle here. If you were working directly with HA, there would be *very* little possibility that you would ever be paid by HA. And, if you tried to sue them, it would cost you a lot of money, unless you are located near their HQ and can sue them in Small Claims Court in that state.

In this case, you have LS in the middle. LS has a vested interest in trying to get HA to pay.
    If LS can get HA to pay, you will eventually be paid by LS. GL

17. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by truth422 View Post
    Instead of Hawaiian airlines just not responding to my emails, they could tell me "we havn't made money for 6 months so we can't pay you. We will, though, as soon as X happens."
    The truth is...they did make money or you wouldn't be owed commissions.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

19. Thanks From:

they paid
    THEY PAID! THEY PAID! I just ran around my driveway in a big circle yelling that to my husband. They paid linkshare for april and may which is AWESOME. I'm so happy. I think I was convinced they were never going to pay and I was just going to just be out that money - which would not be fun - I already had plans for it.

but THEY PAID! Thank you linkshare, thank you Hawaiian airlines! thank you Ranae!

Great news truth422. Let's hope they continue down this road.

22. Thanks From:

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread