I need help
    Hey hows it going guys im new to this whole scene and im looking for a mentor. Im at a point in my life where i know that this is for me. im very dedicated to marketing and have a profound understanding for marketing on and offline. Im just looking for anyone that can guide me because there is so much confusion that comes out of searching on google for terms like "how to make money online" "make money online" ...etc. Im tierd of running around in circles. So if theres anyone out there that is willing to take me under there wing you wont regret it. And on that note Peace and love.

Keep researching first. Chances are no one who knows what they're doing is going to "take you under their wing". Why would they? Its a waste of their time.

Anyone that wants you to pay for something like this is a scam. If they have such good methods, why are they selling them to the public? Maybe because the don't really work!

Don't trust anyone but yourself online, and learn by reading, trial and error. That's your best bet. If you come on places begging for help on your knees, someone's going to take advantage of you. I see it everyday...

3. Thanks From:

Talking thanks
    Thanks for the respond. i appreciate the concern but trust me aint nobody going to take advantage of that you best believe that . on that note its true what you said the best way is to read an trail and error. so question is where do i start. theres so much directions i dont know where to even start. im interested in affiliate marking and learning how to build organic traffic and developing a process for finding good keywords.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    google "affiliate training" and I am sure you can find someone to take your money.

Thanks
    Thanks for the input Chuck. i look into it.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Hi Sacred - welcome to the forum.

I suggest you start reading. Here is a good place to start.

Newbie FAQs - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

Certainly with your dedication and profound understanding of marketing you should have no problems putting together a starting point.

Also, don't forget to ask questions along the way...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

8. Thanks From:

Thanks
    Thanks for the Support Convergence gladly welcomed. I see ill be reading that FAQ for the next week or so. well might as well start now, and i love your quote by the way. its exactly how im feeling at the moment.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    We all started at one time...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Sacred, sorry for the sarcastic response and didn't mean to confuse you. There are training courses available but I can not vouch for any. I do not believe you will find someone to mentor you for a fee who is above board. There are some affiliate gurus who have training systems but you need to heavily research them. There are tons of supposed "gurus" who are only after your money. Overall you need to read (as previously mentioned), learn and take your time. Affiliate marketing takes years to develop as many here will attest.

Tnx
    Thanks for the info chuck. So my question to you is what can i do in the mean time to fund me as i gain experience. ive been reading around that alot of people are self proclaimed and im definitely not trying to get scammed ive learn alot so far just reading fourms and doing alot of research but i want to know what can i do to start making money and i understand its going to take some time. But i want to start putting in the time.

Thanks and God Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by sacred View Post
    Thanks for the info chuck. So my question to you is what can i do in the mean time to fund me as i gain experience. ive been reading around that alot of people are self proclaimed and im definitely not trying to get scammed ive learn alot so far just reading fourms and doing alot of research but i want to know what can i do to start making money and i understand its going to take some time. But i want to start putting in the time.

Thanks and God Bless.
    Unfortunately (I hope I'm reading your question right) there's no magic solution here. Affiliate marketing takes time, research, learning, etc. Implementing what you read and learn is the key but it takes effort.
    You may need to refine your goals and strategies as you test your theories. Many of us have been doing this for a number of years and are still trying to figure out the magic formula.

Take some time to read and learn. This forum can definitely provide you with resourses about starting out and most members here will be receptive to answering your questions as you learn more.

As I said at the top of the post, if you're looking to make money right off the bat, you might become discouraged. For many affiliates, their first sale took months. In my case it was over 6 months.

As far as being mentored, I agree with the responses by other members but if you join a program and reach out to affiliate managers, you might be happily surprised that they are willing to work with you to make your site successful.

I’ve been fortunate to make some really good contacts (many of them began right here at ABW) but you need to show them that you’ve spent some time learning and putting in an effort.
    Last edited by bibby; August 9th, 2011 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Changed recourses to resources

Tnx
    Thank you so much thats kind of what i wanted to here and now have a better picture of what i need to do and whats ahead of me. Thanks bibby.

It is going to be a hard slog for you but that is the way of the world.

DO NOT sign up to so called gurus who claim to be making $thousands every month you will waste your money.

There are loads of sites and blogs offering information free and on this forum there are many who are willing to help if you have a specific issue, just ask.

My best wishes to you.

Quote Originally Posted by daiarian View Post
    It is going to be a hard slog for you but that is the way of the world.

DO NOT sign up to so called gurus who claim to be making $thousands every month you will waste your money.

There are loads of sites and blogs offering information free and on this forum there are many who are willing to help if you have a specific issue, just ask.

My best wishes to you.
    This is incredibly true. Please do not sign up to those so called Gurus. They're most likely scammers just after your money, so try and stay away from them at all costs.

Affiliate marketing, or any type of marketing, does take time, patience and work, but if you're willing to do the three, and more, then you'll be able to convert it into income, which is the outcome most want.

Sorry to say, but no-one will take you under your wing, it just requires some research on your own part - which is the learning experience.

Sacred -

I can spend years learning stuff from this form - I'm a newbie to this forum and the affiliate marketing scene myself and I've learned a ton; most of my questions were answered by using the search function so it maybe best to check there first before you ask a question.

Like others have mentioned, I've seen those sites from "super-affiliates" that claim they will show you the path to fortunes but I'd rather just learn from this forum and practice in the real world - and the great thing about this forum is it's free and you're interacting with "real" people.

18. Thanks From:

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread