Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    The Swamp
    I offer a sample of one the products sold on my ecommerce site. This has worked really well and I get a pretty good return on people buying the product. Way back I made the offer require sending a SASE because of the huge volume of requests from people who weren't really interested in the product.

Awhile back I'm going through the mail culling out the requests for samples from actual orders. I get to a thick envelope and when I open it inside is a note with an unopened sample request we had sent out. Now mind you we only send out samples to those who have sent us a SASE. This is what the note said:

DO NOT(underlined twice)send me No more of your CRAP!!
    I did not(underlined 3 times) order This

(big underline across the whole page)

I checked the handwriting on the envelope with the note and it matched! I laughed so hard. You try to let people test a product before they spend their hard earned money and they still aren't happy. I'm waiting to get an email from them asking where their free sample is.

I have the letter above my desk and it still brings a smile when I'm getting stressed out. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 06-24-2002: Message edited by: BestLittleFreeHouse ]

ABW Ambassador
    It almost sounds like maybe this person was burned from a 'Free Sample' offer in the past...maybe a Free Sample ended up costing them. That is funny that they sent you a SASE to get the product.

Makes you wonder how some folks work. I tend to get a lot of 'those folks' from our weather service. People subscribing to our weather e-mail and putting in the wrong zip code. I had one the other day from a woman complaining she was getting the forecast from New Jersey when she wanted a different forecast Annapolis, MD...I looked at her subscription and she entered New Jersey and not Annapolis.....She took the time to write a nasty letter via was postmarked from New Jersey [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Just have to accept that their are folks out there like that.

[ 06-24-2002: Message edited by: TH Media ]

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread