What would you do first to attract traffic to you site
    Hi!

I'm building a new website, even though I've done it before I don't want to run everywhere to promote it. I'd like a better strategy this time around . What do you find brings you most traffic (that will complete the opt-in box) with less time and is free?

So far I like those but I'm open for suggestions:

- Facebook sharing
    - Some articles on Ezine articles
    - Forums

ABW Ambassador
    After completing a new website I will:

1) Make sure that the on-page SEO is in place
    2) Submit it to Google, Bing and Yahoo
    3) Create an XML sitemape and submit it to Google, Bing and Yahoo

Article marketing has taken are real turn lately, you should look into that on other ABW threads. I am seeing much better results placing my articles on my own site lately.

Most social sites are a great source of inbounds/traffic but only if you are legitimately participating...

Good old quality content seems to bring in the clicks too...

Best of luck!
    When the only tool you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail.

Yes Dave is right about ezine articles my viewings fell sharply with the "Google Effect" and haven't recovered to what they once were.

Ezines themselves have introduced rigorous standards so maybe with these raised standards the value will eventually return.

yes lenghty articles on my site, and no duplicate content on the web. The engines will get smarter soon and detect it.

I learned that having a profile on each of social media help getting backlinks too.

Another idea, submit it to Ping services.

thanks everybody!

I saw this advice on Twitter and I think it applies to your question about driving/maintaining traffic:
    With our limited time, as we scan the web, we are constantly making subconscious decisions. Headlines. Design. Placement. Color.
    {Mark Davidson originally tweeted this}
    Marie, ask yourself how your site as a whole distinguishes itself from other sites: that's how you drive traffic to your site.

Offer an experience/advice/something that others do not offer
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

6. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Marie_Eve_B View Post
    Hi!
    - Facebook sharing
    - Forums
    Try also posting in classified ads, email marketing and text marketing. Just check which among these are applicable to you.

You can still post articles in article directories. The unfortunate thing is that they are not going to be as effective as it was before the big change in Google. My suggestion would be to use as many techniques as you can and do not limit yourself to anyone. You can still use forum marketing, guest blogging, press releases and social media.

Thumbs up
    First you need to have a good on-site optimization then you think about off-site optimization and link building tools. if you have not good on-site you cant get traffic to your site.

Hi!

I'm building a new website, even though I've done it before I don't want to run everywhere to promote it. I'd like a better strategy this time around . What do you find brings you most traffic (that will complete the opt-in box) with less time and is free?

- Facebook sharing
    - Forums
    The number one thing that attracts people is the availability of useful content that fills the need for something they're looking for. So say if your site is about basketball news, you have to got to have and present your content in a way that would satisfy the visitors.

Check the content on your web pages to make sure that they are highly relevant to your targeted keywords, that you have the correct keyword density (1% to 4%), that the meta tags are in place and contain the targeted keywords, and that your pages don't look spammy. Also put in fresh content unto your website as often as you can.

Another effective method is called relationship marketing. Find out what topics your target market is interested in. You can do that by joining forums and social sites where your potential customers are.

Contact with the customer would not necessarily be on a personal level, although when customers think that you are dealing with them personally, they tend to trust you more and therefore will be more likely to act positively on your recommendations. Sending them relevant updates and useful tips through a newsletter will build trust.

Hope that helps.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Hi!

- Facebook sharing
    - Forums
    You forgot Google + and Twitter.

Good luck, Marie_Eve_B!

I'm also building a website, but I'm a complete newbie to that space (as well as affiliate marketing). I'm building some what of a loyalty site - what kind of site are you building?

Seriously, submitting website to search engines is very old school. If you want to get listed in Google in less than 24 hours, then get a backlink preferably from a very active websites who's new pages are indexed instantly on Google.

Not true. I can submit a sitemap to G and then go to the cpanel of the site and the G bot will already be there indexing the new pages on the sitemap I just submited to it.

Make sure its an xml site map.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by Arleen View Post
    Well...

You should promote your website through article submission.. After that you do its SEO..
    Articles carry far less weight than they previously did, this shouldn't be your main strategy.

17. Thanks From:

keyword research
    Landing page optimization
    article promotion
    hub pages promotion
    Forum signatures promotion
    social media sharing
    social bookmark submissions

Since a website is new, it is hard to see good amount of organic traffic in the beginning. The best option is to promote the website in social media, do some advertisement and at a same time, start working on offpage optimization. So in the beginning, social media and advertisements will help you to make your website popular and once your website starts ranking higher in search engines,
    it will generate organic traffic for your website...
    There are some other activities you can do to drive more traffic to your website: you can use cpm or cpc from companies like 7search, adbrite, miva, plexious, affinity or others... it will cost some money, but you'll get better results!
    good luck

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    start working on offpage optimization
    What does that mean!

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread