Exclamation Are you using Facebook?
    Hi everyone!

I just read this article and I guess everyone will be affected if this is going to happen..

Hacker Group Anonymous Aims to Destroy Facebook

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    This will be interesting to see if an announced hacker group can take down one of the biggest sites backed by a billionaire techie:

Update: Anonymous confirmed via a tweet that while some of its members are organizing the upcoming attack against Facebook, the hacker organization as a whole does not necessarily agree with the attack.
    The video looks like something Trust would have put together:

I would have expected that they would have done it first then posted afterward. You never know, I can remember when hackers figured out that Microsoft had a failure point with a single router. They flooded the router with denial of service attacks and shutdown Internet access to 20k Microsoft employees.

Chuck, the video is not responding? "An error occurred, please try again later."

@ Post i became worried then relaxed because i saw many information on facebook official fan page. The facebook has proven technology and has backup system we could imagine. Facebook took much time tp built such servers and confidence of internet users. None of hackers would been able to do that. Second, if some group would been able to hack; they would do it rather a dramatic warning....
    [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="4"]Craig Stephen[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [URL="http://Logoinn.com/affiliate-program"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Sienna"][B][SIZE="1"]Logoinn.com[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL] | [SIZE="2"][URL="http://Logodesign247.com"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][B][URL="http://www.logodesign247.com/affiliate/"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Logodesign247.com[/COLOR][/URL][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL][/SIZE]
    [EMAIL="affiliate@logoinn.com"][SIZE="2"]Contact Us[/SIZE][/EMAIL] | [SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=30741"][COLOR="Black"]Full [B]PPC[/B] Allowed / [B]30%[/B] flat commission / Unlimited Cookies [/COLOR][[B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Logo Design[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]24/7[/B][/COLOR]][/URL][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    I would have expected that they would have done it first then posted afterward. You never know, I can remember when hackers figured out that Microsoft had a failure point with a single router. They flooded the router with denial of service attacks and shutdown Internet access to 20k Microsoft employees.
    I agree... They should have showed the results before they post a video acclaiming that they are behind the attacks. Just like Osama did..

No one can attack Facebook... I guess..

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Video works for me fine.

ABW Ambassador
    I wouldn't be surprised it actually happens after reading some of the comments in the article calling them script kiddies and such. There was a forum I visit weekly where some members challenged them and they took the forum down for over a month and some other forums on the same topic. Couldn't believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    There was a forum I visit weekly where some members challenged them and they took the forum down for over a month and some other forums on the same topic. Couldn't believe it.
    Is it really happening to other forums? What do you mean by taking down forum?

Then this is something to be bothered of by the facebook..

Quote Originally Posted by afternoonsun View Post
    No one can attack Facebook... I guess..
    Everything and anything is possible these days, the evidence is all around you best be prepared.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by afternoonsun View Post
    Is it really happening to other forums? What do you mean by taking down forum?

Then this is something to be bothered of by the facebook..
    Some of it is mentioned on the wiki page - Anonymous (group) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Probably not FB tho.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Doubtful these guys would be able to do much damage at all. They don't have to, and probably won't lift a finger to try and take down FB themselves.

Anyone consider what could happen when a good portion of the 750 million active FB users try to login on November 5th to see if their precious FB is still on the grid?

Overload.

Hence the 3 month, in advance, PR "blitz"...
    Last edited by Convergence; August 14th, 2011 at 10:09 AM. Reason: changed would to could...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread