Question on updating a new niche site
    Hello, I am new to affiliate marketing and currently a college student. I am an avid weight lifter and am in the process of creating a web site explaining the basics of weight lifting as well as how to get started.

One thing I am confused about is updating my site. My initial plan was to include all of the information one needs to get started in weight lifting, as well as use a forum. After reading around this site, I realized one thing was lacking, and that was new information that I could update the site with.

So I guess my question is would it make more sense to initially start with one area of weightlifting and explain the basics of that, then on a weekly basis continue to expand other topics? Or include everything at once and not do much updating?

I want to give the readers everything they need to start all at once, but after that they would have no reason to come back to the site, correct?

Sorry for the very long post. Thank you for any ideas or suggestions you may have.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    If you have a site and have applied to the networks sign-up for every related program you can. Then stay abreast of their product reviews, new products as information you can use as content for your site.

You can start with a basics of weight lifting and also have a section for more advanced discussions. Just remember that if you are writing general information that is not going to sell products you get commissioned on. Its two different styles of writing, one for informational purposes and one to sell products. Also setup a newsletter to use to send to your opt-in list with new product information.

Affiliate Manager Government Auctions AM's Avatar
    Jake,

You definitely should consider setting up your site in such a way that will allow you to continue to add quality, fresh and relevant content on a regular basis. Keeping up with this, should organically bring traffic to your site on very niche targets. If you are promoting products/services, which are related to your niche content, your traffic is sure to start converting!

Good luck!
    Steven Shnayder
    [B][URL="http://www.governmentauctions.org"]GovernmentAuctions.orgŪ[/URL][/B]
    Join us on [URL="https://signup.cj.com/member/brandedPublisherSignUp.do?air_refmerchantid=2932365"]CJ[/URL] [URL="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=10834"]SAS[/URL] [URL="http://www.governmentauctions.org/home/partners.asp"]ClickBank[/URL] [URL="http://twitter.com/GAORGAFFILIATES"]@GAorgAffiliates[/URL]

4. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Government Auctions AM View Post
    Jake,

You definitely should consider setting up your site in such a way that will allow you to continue to add quality, fresh and relevant content on a regular basis. Keeping up with this, should organically bring traffic to your site on very niche targets. If you are promoting products/services, which are related to your niche content, your traffic is sure to start converting!

Good luck!
    Good point. I'm sure there's always developments in the industry. New theories, methods, legal and acceptable nutrional aids. New ideas about how diet can help your training, new products etc, etc.

It sounds like you're an expert and that's great! If your visitors agree with that, they'll come back to see what you have to say.

Also think outside the box. You don't want to make your site like the next one. Think what you can offer your visitors that competing sites can't.

Expanding on what Chuck said, if you have section for products, you can also review those products if you've used them.

How about a section about your personal experiences.

These are jsut a few things I could think of.

Thank you both for your responses. I was planning on promoting various supplements as well as certain books on weight lifting. Would a blog type set up using wordpress be sufficient for updating the content?

Jake -

Based on my research the answer to your question is "yes". There are tons of places on-line and here that show you how to build a wordpress blog.

Wordpress has gone beyond the basic blogging platform, here's a thread that lists some of the reasons why you should consider it:

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/blogg...ng-142520.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jake M View Post
    Thank you both for your responses. I was planning on promoting various supplements as well as certain books on weight lifting. Would a blog type set up using wordpress be sufficient for updating the content?
    Wordpress will give you everything you need to set up a fully functioning website. Once you have purchased your domain (research keywords first) get it hosted (Hostgator has never let me down) and away you go.

There are loads of posting on this forum to help you along the way and Youtube has a tutorial for almost everything.

Best of luck

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread